Hops Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleasure Master

Reaction score
You know when you add hops to your boil you get that strong hop aroma?. Well I have a brew in the fermenter and I just checked the FG and had a little taste and my brew tastes like that strong aroma and not in a pleasant way, what's going on?

:(

You know when you add hops to your boil you get that strong hop aroma?. Well I have a brew in the fermenter and I just checked the FG and had a little taste and my brew tastes like that strong aroma and not in a pleasant way, what's going on?

:(

Best to write out your recipe here. And the hops in question

how longs it been fermenting?? if its only early it will taste bitter and harsh but that will settle when it ferments out. Also you prob go a big chunk of hop residue in the test tube. did you dispose of the first little bit out of the tap? As the yeast and hops can gather in the tap and make a plug so you get false reading and it will also taste different.

after fermentation drop the temps and try to drop it out with the yeast. I think you will be fine

It's qldkev's cpa clone and I used POR flowers as per recipe..

It's finished fermenting and still tastes like poo, hop wise...

It's qldkev's cpa clone and I used POR flowers as per recipe..

It's finished fermenting and still tastes like poo, hop wise...

If it's Kev's recipe and it tastes like poo then you've probably not done anything wrong. That's how it's meant to taste. :p

Just kidding, Kev.

Can you be more specific about the "poo"? CPA shouldn't really taste of hops at all...

Latest posts

Back