Hopping Pacific Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chods1

Chuggin Charlie.
Pro - Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm just getting back into brewing after a long long time. I would like to know if it's a good idea to add hops to Morgan's Pacific Pale Ale, what variety and how much if this is a good idea.

If you want something along the lines of Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, dry hop with Galaxy.

Amount is subject to personal taste, but you could try 30gm for a 23L batch.

Let me know how this kit goes mate.... Don't really do pre-hopped extract kits anymore, but got some mates who want to start and this sounds like the go.

30 grams is f all I'd be going 100.
I do 100g in 40l. 100.in 23l would be very fruity. But i do agree 30g in 23 would only give a hint. Grand ridge brewery in mirboo nth do a golden ale dry hopped with galqxy which is very tasty.

Yeah, I just used 50g in a 26L batch and it's really not where I'd like it! I ended up making a hop tea from the dry hops just before transferring to the bottling bucket, just to give it a little boost..

Where do I find the kit lachlan?
Kit generally just means the can itself because it's already bittered. As for malt, you could add say 500g of light dry malt and a kilo of dry wheat malt or just a kilo of wheat malt of you want to keep the alcohol down. Galaxy is probably best dry hopped no longer than 2-3 days some will say as it can make the beer grassy if left in any longer, while others will say that they've had no such issues.

Kit generally just means the can itself because it's already bittered. As for malt, you could add say 500g of light dry malt and a kilo of dry wheat malt or just a kilo of wheat malt of you want to keep the alcohol down. Galaxy is probably best dry hopped no longer than 2-3 days some will say as it can make the beer grassy if left in any longer, while others will say that they've had no such issues.
I think I'll go with a smaller amount of Galaxy say 50g to see how I go. Thanks again. The wheat malt sounds like a good idea too.

Latest posts

Back