Hopco Challenge - Tassie.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, OK, so we aren't just limited to the 2 "challenge hops".
Got some amarillo, cascade and zeus in the freezer too... and nearly a kilo of EKG...
But I think I'll stick with the hops provided, and use the bloody lot. :)

Yasmani - cheese is only good for sisterfucking pishab beers IIRC.

Wow. Hops arrived and they smell delicious. I'd say $10 for 100g was CHEAP! Especially considering the $5 postage so it came overnight.
SWMBO's birthday today, so gotta go buy seafood, prepare dinner, some chores etc...
Brewday Tomorrow. :)

Ah yes. I met the guys at the New Syd on Friday. I wasn't going to enter this comp, but when I saw 2 large bags of hops sitting on the end of the table and Kev with his scales and zip lock bags, how could I resist! :D I'll definitely use them all in a single beer like an APA of sorts to try and showcase their qualities - just need to find some time to brew.

Went home with a bag in each pocket and yes, they did smell amazingly good! :icon_drool2:

Looking forward to catching up with a few like-minded guys at the brew-bq.

Cheers,

Morrie

BrewBQ Date/Location Confirmed.

When: Saturday 24 March 2012 (Start time TBC but Probably ~12 Noon)

Where: Hut 6 Tolosa park Glenorchy.

What: At this stage I have blown the budget on Hops so the BBQ will probably be BYO.
(Good news is, lot's of loveley hoppy prizes to give out!)

Regards
Kev.

Got my 6 bottles bottled, and the rest kegged about a week ago.
It's delicious. :)

Got my 6 bottles bottled, and the rest kegged about a week ago.
It's delicious. :)

I bottled mine about 2 weeks ago. Cracked the first one last night to check and it's tasty! I did a black IIPA... Don't plan to drive home fellas :)

Great day guys! Thank you all :)

We tasted 14-15 different beers and got to meet and chat with our fellow brewers about how we like to make (and drink) our favorite beer. Thanks to Hopco for all the generous freebie hops, everyone walked away with a foil or two.

My Black IIPA took out judges 1st prize and peoples choice 1st prize so I'm stoked :D

Congrats Guysmiley.
Some last minute stuff came up and I couldn't get down there for it.
Hope it happens again - without the last minute stuff...

Well done Guysmiley54. Pretty much the same thing as Spork - last minute couldn't get time off work. Might have to do a trade for a sample.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Back