Hop Thief 8

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Anyone have any inside information on Hop Thief 8? I thought HT had become a yearly seasonal upgrade release, but suspect HT7 may have set new sales records, perhaps putting a version 8 on hold for the time being?

Someone on one of the craft beer facebook groups suggested that JS have pulled their Hop Thief range. Not sure where they got their evidence from though. Time will tell I suppose.

This is off their FB page so new release is soon.

1467119284490.jpg

I had a couple last night (7) didn't really do it for me, wasn't too bad going in but had a very grassy after taste!

I've been drinking the 7 almost every week since it came out. IMO It's the closest thing to beer that they sell at my local sports club. Really looking forward to the 8 so I can taste something new for a bit.

I quite like HT7. It's my go to sub $60 case, although DM has brought most of the Little Creatures range down to about $62 lately.

Glad to hear it's nearly here... and they don't have a venue in or near Sydney where you can taste it. Meh, it's not exactly groundbreaking so I'll be content to wait.

This article just arrived in my inbox ("Hop Thief turns a paler shade"). Apparently they've changed the malt bill (Crystal -> Munich) due to feedback that hop thief was too dark? :wacko:

Michael Burton said:
This article just arrived in my inbox ("Hop Thief turns a paler shade"). Apparently they've changed the malt bill (Crystal -> Munich) due to feedback that hop thief was too dark? :wacko:
Fcn Hipsters

DU99 said:
wonder when the bottles will appear

P.S. now to get some crystal hops... :unsure:
pretty sure ive already seen it at Dan Murphys

Was at charming squire in south Brisbane last night, they were still pouring HT7.

Latest posts

Back