Hop Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hashie

Reaction score
Hi, I have 9 Mt Hood hop rhizomes for swap. I'd like to swap for other hop varieties.

Also I'd like to keep it local for now. But if there is not enough interest here I will put them to the wider community.

If BAD members do not have any hops, I am happy to give them away to help get you started.

Cheers

Gavin

I'll be unearthing some chinook, cascade, hallertauer and goldings soon and I will be happy to share among BAD members.

Hey guys,

I don't have to any to swap but would happily take some off your hands :wub:

I am about to start construction on the hop garden so would take one of each guys if that's ok. Promise I'll share some beer with you ;)

Let me know...

Got mt hood and tettnang

would like some cascade and chinook.

Is it time to pull them up hashie? where and how do you store them until next planting?

Kleiny

Is it time to pull them up hashie? where and how do you store them until next planting?

Kleiny

Mine had turned yellow, so I figured no was as good as any time to do it.

I pulled mine, divided up, added fertiliser and compost to the ground, then re-planted the rhizomes back where they were. Took no more than 1/2 an hour.

I figure they naturally survive in the ground without being dug in the winter, so why try anything different?

I have some Chinook that I'm willing to share. I'd love some cascade or goldings.

I'm happy to bring along to the BAD meeting at Holgate in a few weeks if anyone is intersted in a swap. As a side point, I'm coming along to the meeting but am not a member - what exactly is involved in becoming a member? My mind is running with images of Stonecutters meetings (the Simpsons) and all sorts of bizarre intitiation ceremonies...

oooh. the membership ritual :ph34r:

What a traumatic experience it was for me!

I turned up ;)

That's all you gotta do. I won't be at Holgate, but welcome to the club!

kleiny,

Did you want to trade a Tettnang for Cascade ??

I will be at the Holgate meeting if you want to trade then?. I will Proble dig them up just before hand, I know that there's one really good rhizome, but I will try to grab as many as possible to bring to the meeting for others to share so hopefully anyone wanting cascade wont go without.

I'm not too sure how big a piece is needed to grow a new bine?? Does any one know??

Also noticed on the Grain and Grape web site that The Brewing Network Brewcaster Jamil Zainasheff :) will be there this Saturday 22nd of May between 9am to 1030am if anyone is interested.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Yep no problems yummy i will bring it along to Holgates for a swap.

I will bring couple of extra cuttings depending on how big the rhizomes are, free to good homes,

When you divide them just make sure the piece has a growth shoot like where the last years growth came from and some root material.

Yeh i see Jamil is there but im working that day so cant make it i would think GG would be packed out for most of the day.

Kleiny

So Kleiny was after a chinook. Anyone else? I'd like to leave as much of the root stock as possible so will just cut off as many as I need to...

Hi Wakkatoo

Here is a pic of a Hallertau you can have as we talked about a few weeks ago. I had a look at the Hersbrucker but they are very small. I'm not sure they will take off next season.They are both close anyway.PM me if you still want it.

P6144118.JPG

Mitternacht Brauer

Hey Wakkatoo,

Got your post pack today. do you know that you sent a document envelope ,less than 500g and no thicker than 20mm .
The old woman in the post office had a sook about it .

I packed it in a glad bag with some damp dunny(clean) paper and left some air in the bag to cushion it a bit.
Anyway its in the post and you should get it by tommorrow.

Good luck with it .Its one of a few shoots that grew off my 1st year plant.

MB

ahh, sorry mate. Guess you got a grumpy post lady. Last one I got arrived in a normal envelope, figured a larger bag would suit.
I was kinda going off your photo as well, definately didn't look like it weighed half a kilo!

Thanks again

All good, Its nowhere near 500g but she thought the thickness was an issue . Anyway I hope it arrives in good condition and grows as well as mine did.

MB

Latest posts

Back