• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I pulled out a few of the hop plants that have been through a few cycles and i thought it was too many rhizomes for me. So i have decided to part with them.

Based on what i read on a website (much similar to this one) I have simply cut them off at the point where they branch with Secateurs.
This is the first time i have done this so if they don't grow, let me know and i will send the money back. These things are pretty dang hardy though.
I will post them as they usually are when i get them, in an old t-shirt with bark/sawdust or something of that nature in them.

Tettnang
4 x medium $10
4 x small $7

Saaz
2 x medium $10
5 x small $8
3 x smaller $6

Hallertauer Mittelfrh
1 x medium $10
1 x smaller $6

K7POg.jpg

Q0Yad.jpg

P0yq1.jpg

cheers,
Losp

Whats the go with postage, interested in a small saaz and tett.

interested in saaz and hall in west aust just 1 of each if agricurlture thingies are met for passing plants over the state lines

It would appear that the go is $10 for a 500gm sachet. i assume that you could fit a couple in there and still be under the weight.

Ii will look into the WA thing a little more. I thought it couldn't be done. Has anyone else here sent them to WA before? What do i need to do?

Hi All,

I pulled out a few of the hop plants that have been through a few cycles and i thought it was too many rhizomes for me. So i have decided to part with them.

Based on what i read on a website (much similar to this one) I have simply cut them off at the point where they branch with Secateurs.
This is the first time i have done this so if they don't grow, let me know and i will send the money back. These things are pretty dang hardy though.

cheers,
Losp

Just make sure each bit you are sending has new shoots on them...

It would be advantageous to others considering purchasing your rhizomes if you stated where you are.

You can buy a compressed block of coconut fibres in a brick form from places like Bunnings or perhaps Mitre 10 etc. There are instructions on the block as to how to hydrate it. Take a handfull of the wet fibres and squeeze a bit of water out of them so they are not too wet, shove it in a sandwich bag and shove the rhizome in with it. If you want to put several types of rhizomes in the one bag you can get aluminium or copper plant labels from the same stores. You can write on the thin metal tag with a pencil and it etches them, then use the tie wire around the zome and you are good to go, no confussion as to which is which. One coir block will probably be enough for the number of rhizomes you are selling. The coir block and labels will only cost a few bucks each.

No plant matter is allowed into WA or TAS without a health certificate , we used to send roses into WA no dirt + inspection it was about $50 per certificate in the 90s so prob not worth it.

It would be advantageous to others considering purchasing your rhizomes if you stated where you are.

You can buy a compressed block of coconut fibres in a brick form from places like Bunnings or perhaps Mitre 10 etc. There are instructions on the block as to how to hydrate it. Take a handfull of the wet fibres and squeeze a bit of water out of them so they are not too wet, shove it in a sandwich bag and shove the rhizome in with it. If you want to put several types of rhizomes in the one bag you can get aluminium or copper plant labels from the same stores. You can write on the thin metal tag with a pencil and it etches them, then use the tie wire around the zome and you are good to go, no confussion as to which is which. One coir block will probably be enough for the number of rhizomes you are selling. The coir block and labels will only cost a few bucks each.

Thanks for the Guide.

They shall be sold in this manner!

I am in Melbourne. I'll have to add that to my profile.

I think i formatted my post poorly. Is it too late to edit it?
The prices are per Rhizhome.
i.e. not 5 small saaz for $8

Hi all I still have these guys left:

Tettnang Medium
Tettnang small
saaz small
saaz smaller
Hellertau medium

Hellataurs gone.

I Still have a few Tettnang and Saaz left:

Tettnang Medium
Tettnang small