Hop rhizomes wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Lou

Reaction score
I have just put in my Chinook and Victoria rhizomes but have heaps of room for more, just wondering if anyone has any for sale in the Ballarat area?

Don't let anyone sell them to you in Ballarat. There are plenty of us here with hops that will cost you a beer and a chat. If you're coming on the 10th we can rustle up a cascade and a colombus out of my beds for you. They are now only 2nd years in pots (from 6-7 year old plants out of the ground at my old place), but there will be ample rhizomes. I'm sure others will have an East Kent Golding and maybe other for you.

Thanks lecter, I will bring plenty of beer for payment and hopefully have some Victoria and Chinook rhizomes for you guys next year.

I doubt many of the older crew will want any more hops mate, but someone will somewhere - just pay it forward!

I currently have Cascade and Chinook but would love to expand my collection... If anyone is happy to part with some I'm happy to trade beer.. Would love Columbus, EKG and Red Earth... Sadly I won't be able to make the September the 10th meet up...

Sounds good Dave,if you can spare any that would be appreciated.

timryan said:
I currently have Cascade and Chinook but would love to expand my collection... If anyone is happy to part with some I'm happy to trade beer.. Would love Columbus, EKG and Red Earth... Sadly I won't be able to make the September the 10th meet up...
I'll have a poke about in the dirt and see if there's anything ready for the swap on Saturday (I have colombus and maybe some EKG). I have a gig the night before so I won't be getting there until around midday.

Edit: Lou, just thinking about it, I can't remember which was my chinook and my cascade, so if you need cascade it might be better to ask others (although to be honest I'm not sure how different my varieties all taste/smell). My EKG and Colombus are the only ones that are obviously visibly different when cones are fully formed - not that this is a certain indication of anything much haha.

Cheers Lecterfan, that's would be awesome... let us know so I know how many brews to bring along hahahaha

Nice to see the hop swap still going. Damn things are weeds, never pay for a 'zome, people are digging them up all the time.

I got rid of mine last year, anyone who knows me would know how much I bitch and moan about the shitty soil in Creswick, well, it defeated me with regards to hops.

Need to re-think my approach so I may be sniffing around for some next year.

What a bummer Wakkatoo I'm 5 min out of town and would have taken all you zomes off you...

I could sneakily give out the address of my old house and we could all knock on the door and say "I notice you have some hops shooting up in the yard there, I'm wondering if I could dig some out for you" hahaha ... they'll probably just get mowed and glyphosated before they're even noticed unfortunately

Latest posts

Back