Hop Rhizomes For Next Year.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
FYI, I got this email a couple of days ago. Apologies if this has been posted already but I couldn't see that it had been.

Hello Home Brewers and wannabe Hop Growers.

This email is to try and get an idea of how many rhizomes I will need to fill all orders this Winter. I would appreciate everyone giving me a wish list of the varieties they want and the quantity that they want.

I will then see what I can dig up and also acquire of other growers.

The varieties that should be available are;

Saaz
Cascade
Golding
Pride of Ringwood
Victoria
Millenium
Mt Hood
Columbus
Willamette
Fuggle
Cluster
Nugget
Hersbrucker
Hallertau
Perle
Tettnang
Chinook

Prices will be $25 plus GST this year. The accountant says I need to put them through the books. Prices will be negotiable for big orders.

For those that want to know what varieties grow best in their area or how best to grow them please research online before contacting me.

Kind regards

Sandy Ross

Managing Director

Hopco Pty Ltd

Phone +61 3 62435960

Fax +61 3 62435397

Cell +61 (0)403 005 248

Email [email protected]

Website www.hopco.com.au

That's a small price to pay for Hope...sorry couldn't resist the typo!! :)

so 25 per plant?

in bris what should i look for. i know chinok grows well in hot climates, cascade, Columbus and
Willamette should go alright in all climates yeah?

Who does a homebrewer have to kill to get his hands on a Galaxy rhizome?

I'd be keen on a few different ones, quite a few to choose from.

Mainly interested in Chinook, Cascade and maybe a few others. Prolly know a few others who wouldn't mind grabbing some either.

Interesting that "Millenium" has suddenly appeared on that list which (correct me if I'm wrong) I thought was a recent hop release like Galaxy?

Totally underwhelming from the limited reports from other brewers so I guess they don't know what else to do with it???

cheers,
BB

Hi would be interested in

Cascade

Chinook

Hallertau

Saaz

and maybe some Pride of RingwoodAm i right in assuming thats a tassie no. if so which hops can be posted to tassie (I'm currently living in melb but my Dad's block is in Tassie and wanted to send him some to grow for me untill i move down there in a couple o years)

Cheers,

I have some Mt Hood rihzome that I intend cutting up. $7 per rihzome + postage. The funds will come in handy for a few other varieties I am looking at purchasing this year.

BYB

I have some Mt Hood rihzome that I intend cutting up. $7 per rihzome + postage. The funds will come in handy for a few other varieties I am looking at purchasing this year.

BYB

Anyone know how Mt Hood handles a warmer climate (Sunshine Coast, QLD)? 'Cause at $7 a couple rhizomes to add to th collection wouldn't go a stray.....

Hell put me down for two, if they do well they do well, if not, well other plants I've tried here have died in the trying so they wouldn't be alone in plant heaven. :eek:

Anyone know how Mt Hood handles a warmer climate (Sunshine Coast, QLD)? 'Cause at $7 a couple rhizomes to add to th collection wouldn't go a stray.....

Hell put me down for two, if they do well they do well, if not, well other plants I've tried here have died in the trying so they wouldn't be alone in plant heaven. :eek:

Mine have survived some very insipid heat here in the Barossa 40c days.
Drop me a PM. I have had a few inquiries.

:beer:
BYB

G'day BYB,
Wouldn't mind taking a cut of your Mt.Hood... if there's any left.
Let us know.
Regards,
Mike

I'd be interested in a cascade, saaz, tet

Cheers,

Phil

Hi all,

Just to confirm, I have no affiliation with Hopco and am not organizing any kind of bulk buy. I just posted this info for everyone's info so they could contact Sandy direct if they wanted (that's what I did). His email and phone number are in the OP.

At this stage I think he's only after expressions of interest, rather than firm orders.

Cheers, Sam.

I'd probably be interested in a few:
Cascade
Millenium
Willamette
Hallertau

Hi all,

Just to confirm, I have no affiliation with Hopco and am not organizing any kind of bulk buy. I just posted this info for everyone's info so they could contact Sandy direct if they wanted (that's what I did). His email and phone number are in the OP.

At this stage I think he's only after expressions of interest, rather than firm orders.

Cheers, Sam.

Thanks Sam. I think you may have to repeat yourself a few times for people to contact hopco themselves like you just told them to. Unfortunately people dont read.

Hi Sandy,

I noticed on the brewing forum that you have rhizomes for sale. I would be interested in Cascade hops but how can we be sure that they are the genuine article? I have heard in the past that you cannot bring in the rhizomes because of strict quarantine laws. So you are saying that you can get all these varieties from Germany, England, Czech, USA...if I buy these from you, will I get a knock on the door from Quarantine?

Do they come with a certificate of authenticity? I understand that these hops arent grown in Australia.

Thanks

Rob

I understand that these hops arent grown in Australia.

hey plonker, read the first post to see that they are from a company called Hopco. If you could be arsed reading anything in this thread and did a google for hopco you may notice that they are grown in Tasmania.....far out! How ******* hard can it be?

To me it sounds like someone is trying to get people to fix orders at $25 each. Last year rhizomes went silly with what they fetched. Hopefully they will be back to a decent price this year.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back