Hop plant from Bunnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine didn't do very well last year. It only grew about two meters tall (with one runner) and didn't flower. I think this is because its very pot bound and needs to be transplanted. It has taken off with alot more vigour this spring with a dozen or more runners. Im going to transplant and hope for some flowers this year!

Notice you're in Wodonga kunfaced, similar climate to ACT, how often did you have to water yours last year?

I was watering at least once a day, mostly twice. I had tomatoes and other herbs growing near it so was easy to attend to. I planted mine in the ground as soon as I got it too, first season it really took off. It copped sun all day until about 5-6pm.

By one runner do you mean a bine? Or you string for it to run up? I'm thinking of doing a fancy spiral for it to climb. Where I'm living now the garden doesn't opt for much sun unless it's in the middle of the lawn.

My 1st year was a small harvest, last year I made an IPA with wet hops and it was slightly too sweet needed more IBU's this year I forgot about the hops and found them climbing up the trellis and looking really healthy. This year should be a good harvest.

Back