Hop oil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppers

Reaction score
tried a search, but no results

Found a seller on eBay selling hop oil for $4 for 10ml delivered. Figured it was worth a shot

He sold Mosiac, nelson savin and a few others, I bought Mosiac

I brew all grain, and now I'm wondering what is the best use for this?

Any help/suggestions/recipes would be great

Cheers

tried a search, but no results

Found a seller on eBay selling hop oil for $4 for 10ml delivered. Figured it was worth a shot

He sold Mosiac, nelson savin and a few others, I bought Mosiac

I brew all grain, and now I'm wondering what is the best use for this?

Any help/suggestions/recipes would be great

Cheers
What are you trying to achieve by using hop oil? I've not bothered and have heard issues with home brewers having unpredictable bitterness and flavour results; also someone suggested that processed hop oil added to a boil impacted on head retention. Unsure how likely that is but I haven't really explored it.

Google turns up some discussions elsewhere such as https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/how-to-brew/experimenting-lupulin-powder-hop-oil/ unfortunately both hop and oil are three letter words and as such unable to be searched using this forum.

I'm given to understand the search function has been reduced to 3 characters now.

Hope so, but I do not have access to system or software changes.

I purchased some from Craft Brewers a couple of years back and from recollection it was made in 2007 or something crazy like that. So if you do want to purchase this from CB, I would ask when it is made to be safe. When I brought it up with them, they said they would remove it from their stock list, but may be not.

I purchased some from Craft Brewers a couple of years back and from recollection it was made in 2007 or something crazy like that. So if you do want to purchase this from CB, I would ask when it is made to be safe. When I brought it up with them, they said they would remove it from their stock list, but may be not.
Have I read recently that he may have gone out of business.

Hi Guys,

Yes I do have hop oils that can be added directly to finished beer.

I have samples for evaluation, not a lot of each but a wide range of products.

I plan to tack them on as samples to brewers that purchase hops / dealz that are interested to try and report back on the forum what they think of the product.

Off the top of my head I cant recall the exact range, but I know there is Citra, Cascade, EKG, Hellertau, Magnum, some other bits and pieces

Hi Guys,

Yes I do have hop oils that can be added directly to finished beer.

I have samples for evaluation, not a lot of each but a wide range of products.

I plan to tack them on as samples to brewers that purchase hops / dealz that are interested to try and report back on the forum what they think of the product.

Off the top of my head I cant recall the exact range, but I know there is Citra, Cascade, EKG, Hellertau, Magnum, some other bits and pieces
I thought you had them Steve I think Mark has mentioned them, I did look on your site but I am very interested in giving them a go. Any particular quantity of hops one has to buy to qualify for a purchase of the oil?

I was given an expired sample kit, it was like 3-4 years past its BB date, I had it kicking around for a few more years.
Frankly most of the product was still fine, certainly all the fractions were (Spicy, Floral, Herbal....) and most of the varietals were just fine to - a couple had curdled (I suspect an infection) but the rest were just great!
Had a copy of this in the pack
upload_2018-1-26_13-48-26.png

As you can see its a pretty big field to play in. Other problem is that some of the "Oils" like Saaz was at the time $1.5K/500mL (IIRC), pretty big impost on a HBS to cough up several times that amount, then have some "Helpful" AHB'er start a bulk buy as soon as you put it into stock. Pretty much why I for one at the time CBA putting hop fractions into stock.
Mark

Back