Hop Juice Double Ipa Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fwoar!

So much Columbus, Chinook and Centenial!

Holy large order of hops batman!!! thats some might hop punch in that there beer :)

must be strong and not brew it......... who am i trying to kid :unsure:

i dont think we can get all of the four c,s here so would have to subsidise a few hops to equal it out.mmmmm

am i worthy of trying it.
hope so. :rolleyes:

big d said:
i dont think we can get all of the four c,s here so would have to subsidise a few hops to equal it out.mmmmm

am i worthy of trying it.
hope so. :rolleyes:
Call Roy at TWOC in Perth. He sells them all and if you ask nicely he'll probably ship them to you :)

Now THIS is hop juice!!

http://www.km-group.com/brian/photos.nsf/v...5256E5D005454CF

Heres the forum post related to it:

i forget where this thead was intended to go, but... Ihad the ultimate hop experiance over the weekend. Dogfish Head brought Randal the Enamel Animal up for a tasting at the Beer yard in Wayne PA and poured thier 90 Minute IPA through it... HOLY HOPS batman!

ANd as if that was not enough, once the entire sixtel was kicked, we convinced Sam to pour the remains in to a pitcher and distribute... talk about hop juice - yikes. It was basically a half pitcher of 90 Min IPA that had been soaking in 8 oz of Amirillo hops for 2 hours. Yumy!

edit: More info here too: http://www.beeryard.com/notes/default.cfm?action=view&id=299

thanks for the tip on the hops via roy.will visit him in june .
thanks kook
got some amarillo coming to try.can hardly wait.

cheers
big d

DAMN!! thats a lot o' hops. is it wrong for my mouth to water at this??

with 10oz. of hops thats about 280g!!! death by bitterness anyone?
joe

Well, I'm inspiried. As posted on OCAU, heres my current recipe plan which I hope to brew on either the 3rd or 4th of April.

Hop Hit Imperial IPA (25L Batch, 90min boil)

6 KG Coopers Light LME
250g CaraPils malt
250g Light Crystal malt
250g Melanoidin malt
250g Light Munich malt

35g US Centennial (9.1% AA Pellets) FWH
20g US Chinook (12.2% AA Pellets) @ 90min
42g US Cascade (4.5% AA Plugs) @ 60min
25g Tas Cascade (9% AA Whole) @ 15 min
25g Tas Cascade (9% AA Whole) @ 5 min
25g Tas Cascade (9% AA Whole) @ flame out

20g US Centennial Pellets - Dry hop secondary

Yeast: WY1056 @ ~18 degrees or WY1272 @ ~19 degrees (unsure which yet, probably the 1272)

According to ProMash this should be around 1.081 OG, 97 IBU and 25 EBC.

Any comments? Ideas? I'm thinking I may pick up more fresh tasmanian cascade flowers and use the centennial pellets as dry hops in primary, then say 30g cascade flowers as dry hops in secondary ?

the best idea i have for you kook is to save me one bottle to try when i come down to perth in june... :rolleyes:
other than that it sounds great
havent worked out my big ipa yet but if i do i will bring a bottle or two down with me.

cheers
big d

you could also make a randall the enamel animal. ;)

big d said:
thanks for the tip on the hops via roy.will visit him in june .
thanks kook
got some amarillo coming to try.can hardly wait.

cheers
big d
big d, Dave at Goliath gave me some Amarillo hops yesterday so I used them in yesterdays brew. It will be interesting to see what they are like, I used 30grams for bittering and they smell like pot :lol:

C&B
TDA

I picked up some WY1272 and centennial hops from Roy this morning.

Should be a go this weekend. Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations for the recipe?..

Back