Hop Harvest 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_bjc

Reaction score
Hello,

I just realised it is May and I have not noticed any Cascade First Harvest or other first harvest brews yet.

Has the 2010 batch been released yet? or is there any information about the brew and when it will be released?

Cheers.

Hello,

I just realised it is May and I have not noticed any Cascade First Harvest or other first harvest brews yet.

Has the 2010 batch been released yet? or is there any information about the brew and when it will be released?

Cheers.

Cascade first harvest is out, I bought a six pack at Dan Murphy's a week ago.

Not bad, better than last year, but not as good as the year before.

Cascade first harvest is out, I bought a six pack at Dan Murphy's a week ago.

Not bad, better than last year, but not as good as the year before.

Last year was my first "first harvest" that I tasted and honestly didn't think it was that great and definitely not worth the price tag!

Do you know what hops are used? and any tasting notes?

Cheers!

Cascade First Harvest has been out since early May.

The hops from this year's brew are from Derwent Valley's Bushy Park Estate in Tasmania. The beer pours a clear copper colour with a thick creamy head and with very few bubbles. It has a fairly milld smell with lots of piney hops and something like freshly mown grass.

I think this is about Cascade's 8th or 9th First Harvest and is one of its best :beer:

Back