Hop & Grape

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
Looks like I might be hanging up my fermenter for a month or three due to house selling and buying. Maybe more, given the sad state of our house and the slowing of the housing market.

Reluctantly, even I can see that 3 fermenteres in the lounge room don't necessarily add to the sales appeal of our humble hovel.

But - having started - Wee Stu must have homebrew. Any of the Adelaide crowd ever had anything to do with Hop and Grape on the Parade in Norwood? They are a "brew it for you" operation.

Seems a sad compromise, but I could soon be a desparate man with serious withdrawal symptoms!

i'll have to check this place out. i haven't been there yet.
saying that i haven't seen anyone on the forums that use these guys.
arogant statment ahead, maybe i'll go and show them how to brew and they might get some punters coming in.
just joking iam sure they have a good little scene going.

you still need to wash all your own bottles etc at home i think then go in when she's ready and bottle.

surely you have a somewhere to stash a fermenting wort somewhere for a few days stu. bedroom closet maybe.

wee stu

If you live anywhere near lyndoch - or want to come over - you can do some Barossa Brews.

Will be cheaper and better.

I also used to brew for a few punters back in Canberra.... :D

Let me know if you are interested....

Apparently these places are hideously overpriced for what they are. However, I have never enquired, so I can't say for sure.

Jayse - we are looking at totally clearing the hovel before sale, no hiding places left!

GMK - thanks for the offer, fair way from Lyndoch, but might still come calling!

Murray - definitely overpriced if you consider home brew costs, but maybe better than paying normal for mega swill??

wee stu too said:
Murray - definitely overpriced if you consider home brew costs, but maybe better than paying normal for mega swill??
Good point, if you do it let us know how it turns out. I've toyed with going to one myself just to peek at their setup for inspiration.

wee stu too said:
GMK - thanks for the offer, fair way from Lyndoch, but might still come calling!
Where abouts are you.

I have family in Littlehampton and Morphet Vale.....

I can brew it up for you and put in 1.25ltr and/or 600ml PET Bottles.

I used to accept donations of 3.00 and 1.50 respectively.

You're call....

GMK - you are a generous and thoughtful man.

For the moment I think I was panicking a bit. I knew the move might be happening so I had the fermenters going full bore there for a while. The missus muttered something about "obsessive compulsive disorder" when I had to get a fifth fermenter to bulk prime cos everything else was being used for primary, secondary or cc.

So, I should be right for product for a while. Depends how thirsty the family get at Xmas.

What I was really beginning to suffer withdrawal from was the process.

Jayse - you were right too. I cleared out a closet in the laundry with a nice cool concrete floor. Chucked together a quick Jovial extra stout which is bubbling away nicely. Cos GMK reminded me, these will get bottled in 600ml coke and sars bottles - should be ready just in time for the footy season at AAMI!!

Jazman - the sars bottles are for the Port supporters!

Back