Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stick with aus post, unless you spend $1000's per week the other dont want to know you.

TNT will blow up your package.
Australian Air Express will deliver to the nearest petrol station.

(both are my own personal experiences)

I have to say that although i don't monitor the timeleyness of my deliveries unless i get a query from a customer, as far lost parcels go the Auspost express system has been without fault over thousands of packages. The only time i have ever had a apackage or two go missing it has eventually been returned to me and turned out to be a mislabbelled address.

TNT are uncomputable with their extra charges and many fees and Startrack have failed to get back to me on 4 occasions now to start a contract despite all the promises in the world. They must be heavily subsidised in order to allow business to walk out their door despite face to face meetings and emails and phonecalls to their customer service.

I'd stick with Auspost too. They have simple calculators, they are reliable and, in my experience, have been cheaper.
Even on 20kg lots they still seem to be an easy and cost effective carrier.

law-of-ohms said:
TNT will blow up your package.
I think you may have the wrong TNT... :p

Star track is owned by post.
Mostly/partly not sure, but they are.
Same with Australian Air Express.

unclebarrel said:
Star track is owned by post. Mostly/partly not sure, but they are. Same with Australian Air Express.

I'm aware of that, and they gave that as the first excuse for never getting back to me, the local mamnager saying he was warned off about not taking my satchel business from auspost. Last time i went to see him i told him that TNT now had my satchel business and still did not get the promised proposed contract.

Have spoken 3 times on the phone to their new accounts department and provided email evidence of my current pricing and spending amounts still with no results.

unclebarrel said:
Star track is owned by post. Mostly/partly not sure, but they are. Same with Australian Air Express.
On 2 October 2012, Qantas announced it would acquire Australia Post's 50% interest in AaE, in return, Australia Post acquire Qantas' 50% interest in Star Track Express

MODERATION

Guys this is moving way past the purpose of the retail thread in question. Perhaps starting a thread about postal options for sales may be a better option

But they spawn directly from a post by the retailer in question.

Not a wiki. A discussion board.

Mod:

Members, if the thread is for the retailer to 'show their wares', discussion between retailers should be kept either to PM.

Questioning when a mod 'nicely' tells someone to keep on topic, is a breach of rules, and member has had warnings before. Member will be suspended for 24 hours.

hard to post anywhere without it being policed at the moment... just an observation - no argument needs to follow.

MOD:

Member warned. Even when mods try to be transparent, there's still criticism.

bum said:
But they spawn directly from a post by the retailer in question.

Not a wiki. A discussion board.
Yes not a wiki. A retail thread.

If the retailer wants to discuss postage for sales, start/join an appropriate thread.

I would like to click on this thread to see what is for sale so I can choose what to buy, not pages and pages of unrelated stuff. After doing that a few times most people will stop clicking on the thread because it is too hard to find an update. Surely that is not in the retailers best interest.

Thanks

There is still POR, what volume are you after as it's currently only listed at 110g. I can potentially make some larger amount available but will have to check.

@ Brad, Should I not be making update statements about things that affect HDA here? Im not really a fan of making a new thread and bombarding the board for every little in and out of what I do.. but if thats what you would prefer me to do Im happy to oblige.

There was a postage update thread (I think my only other one) but that was an emergency announcement regarding some held parcels and not a general statement.

ed: spillong and clarity

Dear Mr Mean Yob,

Are you expecting or intending to have Topaz hops available for sale in the next month or so?

yours kindly,
Ploto

ploto said:
Dear Mr Mean Yob, Are you expecting or intending to have Topaz hops available for sale in the next month or so? yours kindly, Ploto
Hmmm... I thought I did actually... I will have to check for you tonight, it's possible Ive recently sold out, if so I will replace.

Cheers. I have a Topaz FWK and I'd like to dry hop it with the same. No hurry as I won't be doing it for at least a few weeks. pm sent. ps sorry my posts have no paragraph spacing, this forum doesn't like my return key...

Mmmmmmm weird, on my iPad only 3/4 of the 110g hops show up, but my desk top it's all refreshed and showing what I'm guessing is all of them.

Amarillo will be listed along with the NZ Cascade tmoz night, after 6 at a guess.. odds are on that it will not last long... so please keep an eye out if you are in the market for some prior to xmas / new year :)

Rest assured I have more on the way in the new year, this lot was just an appetizer and is in addition to my contracted amount.. Not that I will have a full year supply probably, but certainly will have more than I did at this release and more than I had when I first started this crazy gig ;)

@ Ploto, will look for hat Topaz when I pack orders tonight and send a reply to your email and PM here

Cheers all

Yob

Back