Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Not to date mate, and TBH with what I have in now and with whats coming in over the next week, I will be struggling to find a place to put many more varieties until some space is made, Ive been aiming for about 30 types and must be pretty damn close, Id like to see a revolving types with not just the same ones week in week out so will certainly look at getting some of the others that have been mentioned.

That said, I had many more queries about Magnum and that was an absolute frikkiin nightmare to get in, Im glad it's all sorted out now though, it smelled pretty damn nice on the weekend around here :)
No worries Yob, I do have a bit left. Like others on here I'll send an order your way for the other varieties when my stocks get low.

Cheers

No worries man :)

The stock will revolve and Im sure it will come up at some point, all the hops that folks mention get written down for me to look into and ask the question. Where space allows, I fill it, hopefully I can keep it revolving, I rekon this way it'll always be fresh stock that doesnt get a chance to age to much at all.

:beerdrink:

Should be seeing some 2013 NZ Motueka flowers this weekend hit the ground, other NZ Flowers will hopefully follow.

Cheers

Yob said:
In the mail mate. ;-)
On my beer fridge Yob, cheers.

Batz

fridge 001.JPG

Hi Yob,Hops arrived today ,my darling wife brought them home for me,thanks for the bonus but their was no need,much appreciated.

Cheers & Beers
Dave :D

Mine were waiting for me too, great turn around times and great bonus Yob.

So many hops, so little time..... but the biggest issue is, which do I use first!!!??

Got my hops today, was my first order with hop dealz. Placed my order Sunday arvo, amazing turnaround. Thanks heaps Yob, looking forward to next brewday.

Cheers
bah

Just placed another order Yob. Great variety of hops mate. Cheers.

Donske said:
I had a few pints of a pale ale I brewed with the AU Cascade flowers last night, I can't offer too much as the Cascade is paired with Simcoe in that beer through the late additions which muddles the flavour/aroma a bit.

What I can say is that this version of the beer seemed a bit more subtle on the usual grapefruit notes expected, the other thing is I picked up a bit of something different in the aroma, maybe earthiness if that makes sense.

I have an American amber fermenting that has 155g of these flowers thrown in at 10 minutes fermenting at the moment so I should have some more useful feedback in a week or 2.

Alright, drinking the Amber mentioned above finally, took a bit longer on the yeast cake than expected, had 1272 throw some weird aroma that completely overpowered the beer, that's settled down and the beer is kegged and carbed but still pretty green.

The aroma is amazing, nice hit of malt, fairly subdued grapefruit and a bit of earthiness that seems to fit somehow, definately not what I was expecting but nice regardless.

Flavour is mostly malt wierdly with all those flowers at 10 minutes, not sure what's up there but there is a great smooth bitterness and C hop hit up front, it's just quickly overtaken.

Really nice beer but no where near what I was aiming for, I really wanted to be slapped in the face by Cascade but it's just not there.

All in all a nice hop but definately different to US Cascade. I'll probably skip the Australian Cascade for APAs and AIPAs in future, but I may use them in some english style beers, they'd be cracking in a mild or bitter to my taste.

Recipe below.

10 minute Cascade Amber (American Amber Ale)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.059 (°P): 14.5
Final Gravity (FG): 1.015 (°P): 3.8
Alcohol (ABV): 5.80 %
Colour (SRM): 16.2 (EBC): 31.9
Bitterness (IBU): 32.2 (Average)

86.21% Maris Otter Malt
8.62% Crystal 60
5.17% Caraaroma

6.7 g/L Cascade (6.5% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil)
0.9 g/L Cascade (6.5% Alpha) @ 7 Days (Dry Hop)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes. Boil for 90 Minutes

Fermented at 20°C with Wyeast 1272 - American Ale II

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Nice review mate, sadly I can't add to that as I've not brewed with them yet.. Time being critical with a little delightful (and demanding) 3 month old has made Brew days scarce.. In fact I'm taking a leaf from Midnight Brew lately...

I can certainly add that my impressions are similar in that it's a bit more subtle and not that slapping the face aroma you get from US pellet.

That said I honestly can't wait to get the NZ Cascade flower I've been working hard on getting and comparing.

My only wish is that I could have the Australian, American and New Zealand Cascade flowers at the same time to compare.. It's not bloody likely though... But 2 out of 3 ain't bad... To quote the mighty loaf.

Camo6 said:
Just placed another order Yob. Great variety of hops mate. Cheers.
You are welcome to a postal refund and pickup mate if you want to play it like that again.. I need to be building not brewing this weekend ahead of the swap so let me know via pm, otherwise it will be paced and sent tmoz.

Cheers

order in at last looking forward to a good couple of brews, couldn't see where to add a note for ya yob

Just like to add, Ive been doing EXTENSIVE work on the site trying to make it more mobile compatible across all platforms, from issue to issue and device to device..

I believe I have most of them sorted but would like to hear from anyone who still has issues viewing it, from what device and what browser? casche may need to be cleared to get a fresh view <_< (in some cases)

It's taken some time I admit, but Im not the most savvy of developers (as is pretty damn clear :p ) but Ive been chipping away at it and (FFS) hope Ive got most of them now...

If anyone still has issues please let me know so I can get to them.

:beer: :icon_drunk:

Another order placed Yob. I'm bloody hopeless tho. I'm hoping I will get it for Saturday's brew day but I won't be too disappointed if I don't. Gonna try a cube hopped no chill with Citra; or mosaic on my new rig.

21L batch
5 kg MO
1kg Vienna
250g Crystal 60

45 min boil
160g - 200g cube hopped Citra (still playing around with this bit)

No chill
US-05
Dry hop 60g Citra

Cheers mate! :D

Yob said:
Just like to add, Ive been doing EXTENSIVE work on the site trying to make it more mobile compatible across all platforms, from issue to issue and device to device..

I believe I have most of them sorted but would like to hear from anyone who still has issues viewing it, from what device and what browser? casche may need to be cleared to get a fresh view <_< (in some cases)

It's taken some time I admit, but Im not the most savvy of developers (as is pretty damn clear :p ) but Ive been chipping away at it and (FFS) hope Ive got most of them now...

If anyone still has issues please let me know so I can get to them.

:beer: :icon_drunk:
It's definitely a lot more usable than it was..
At least on a samsung galaxy s3..
Usually though the best websites for readabillity on phones are the ones that detect phone and then give a much simpler site..
Take for example AHB..

ahb.jpg

This is definitely a lot more readable on a 5 inch screen.
Reading the descriptions of the hops and so forth is somewhat challenging on your site at the moment.
I know I can magnify it but the sites that you don't need to do that on are a whole lot faster to browse.

Also is it java or flash that it's built on?
Either way it runs fairly slowly on the pc but very slowly on either ipad or my android phone.
I don't really care I have access to a whole range of devices and usually just use my pc but a lot of others aren't quite the same..

Like I said before if you would like any help feel free to sing out..

Warwick

Back