Hop Clean Out Recipe Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time01

Reaction score
I have some cluster, stella and topaz hops that have been lurking around a while, since QLD homebrewing conference from memory.

anyone have some suggestions? Was thinking perhaps a Porter recipe for the Cluster hops?

or should i just use docs hop substitute calculator and use them in other brews?
happy to use them in any style, have about 180 g each of stella and topaz.

some specific recipes would help as i havent formulated any of my won yet, currently extract brewer at this stage.

for those not familiar with stella and topaz ill pulled this from crafterbrewer website

topaz AA 15.6

The Australian hop variety Topaz is a seedless high alpha acid variety. Bred by the
Hop Products Australia at their Rostrevor Breeding Garden Victoria. Topaz is a very
robust variety with tight compact cones that hold well on maturity.
Topazs high alpha acid levels makes it one of the worlds best alpha acid producers.

stella AA 14.7

Stella is a new aroma variety which contributes hoppy and floral notes, with subtle hints of anise and a satisfying fullness of palate. Stella is reminiscent of, yet distinctly different in character to noble European varieties, and provides a contrast to the citrus and tropical fruit characters of many modern hops. Stella grows vigorously, producing moderately large, dense cones which mature mid- to late-season, with a broad harvest window helping to ensure excellent physical and
chemical quality in the final product. With an alpha acid content of ~15%, Stella is an aroma hop with options. This newly developed aroma hop deserves experimentation the hoppy characters and textureon the palate would provide a new twist to a pilsner or lager, while the floral characters could provide a highlight in a wide range of beer styles

bump.

doing a bit more research, looks like topaz hops could be used in place of citra? both have a lychee type flavour.

stella hops im thinking of in place of galaxy?

any assistance would be greatly approeciated.

Look up the DB for an amber recipe and sub whatever hops with your topaz,
if in doubt grab an Endeavour Reserve Amber , all topaz and bloody fantastic.

EDIT: grammar

perfect Yum! ill grab a stubby on the way home.
thanks very much.

If you dont use your stella, would consider selling them to me?

Cheers jake

just do a simple ipa and throw the lot in at flameout or in the cube if you no chill.

Jake, i tell you what, i have 2 packets of 90G each, unopened, been in the fridge for a yr, 1 packet is yours for free if you can provide a cracking kit/extract recipe.

i drink all styles of beer, however a hoppy IPA or pale ale would be great.

deal?

Latest posts

Back