Hood River

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb-squared

Reaction score
Several years back I was in Italy with a friend who used to write wine reviews for the London Times. He knows his wine. And I remember him exclaiming to me several times how incredible the region of Italy we were in was because every village had completely different wines. He found it amusing how one restaurant almost kicked him out on the street for asking for a wine that was from a village just 10 miles up the road. Anyway, I am in Hood River Oregon and my experience here so far reminds me of that visit to rural Italy several years ago.

A couple years ago I was in California and had the pleasure of tasting Deschutes' "Fresh Squeezed" IPA. I immediately fell in love with it and have been looking forward to having it again on my trip this year to Hood River. But, even though Deschutes is in Bend (not far from Hood River at all), all I can find here are about a million different Hood River beers! Of course there is Full Sail, Hood River's biggest brewery, but every street corner LITERALLY has its very own brew pub. And while I'm sure I'll be able to find a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed here eventually, it's going to take a while because I keep sampling the local brew and it is damned good. Gawd, I think I've somehow ended up in heaven.

Back