Honey Wheatbeer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
i was planning on doing a honey pilsner but have changed my mind to a wheat beer. im going to use a wals wheat beer extract with about 500g of brew boast and somewhere between 500 and 750g of orange blossum honey. i also plan on lagering this in my bar fridge for at least a month in a cube. any advice on this would be greatly apreciated? hopefully it will come out quite nice

I always think people using that much honey are desined for trouble, however it is common and apparently works... so the point of this post? To confuse you to the point of never trusting my opinion again.
Me personally? I'd be going about 250-350g, but I'm probably after a more subtle taste.

cool thanks mate i was going to use about 500g but was told that it would be better with 750g. im just not sure if i have the quanities right in that mixture. ive not done a beer like this before and lagering in a fridge is also new to me. i think im a little confusted about the whole thing and im trying to use this post to straighten out my mind

barls said:
ive not done a beer like this before
[post="48421"][/post]​

Mmmm, me neither... 750g seems like a lot to me though, but then again 2.25kg is ok for total sugars in a wheat beer, don't want to push it much more than 2.5kg IMO. See what everybody else thinks before you brew though, please.

thats why i posted on here first before i tried to make it. cheers mate for the help anyway

yeah thanks kitkat im still confused about this but its getting clearer

for what it's worth I'm planning to do it soon. A couple of people in that thread said they tried it and it was yummy, so I'll give it a go too :)

well i think ill just go with the extract and 500g of orange blossum honey and ill see how it turns out

Latest posts

Back