Honey Pilsner Recipe Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
can anyone help by putting a recipe up for a honey pilsner or wheat beer. or help by pointing me in the right direction as id like to try one of these my self.

Barls do a search for my beez neez recipe on this forum you certainly will not be disapointed. It was a real hit.

DS

thanks mate i will i did try searching but gave up due to the amount of stuff that was turned up by the words honey pilsner

Portland honey beer used to be reasonably easy to find in Oz. Not sure these days seems a little more elusive.

Was a good 'un. :super:

Beez Neez is a bit lacking IMO.

if i was to just add some honey to a pilsner extract that i already have how much would be fine and how much would i reduce the suger or body brew to

Start with about 500g of honey in a 23 litre batch. Just use it as a replacement for the same amount of sugar.

If you're doing a Pilsner kit eliminate the sugar altogether. Add 500g honey and 500g of dried/liquid malt extract or body brew.

Maybe steep the honey in some boiled water with your kit and extract as per normal. This should pastuerize the honey to some extent. Don't boil honey for too long or you'll drive off it's aromatics.

A good idea is to go for a lighter coloured honey in this instance. I've had some pretty good results with Orange Blossom.

Warren -

thanks mate was planning on using clover or something similar. ill be using a coopers or wals lager havent decided which one to use yet. just waiting on some more bottles

thanks i will mate im sure i will

Back