Homebrewing Podcast Guest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisluki

Reaction score
Hey guys

I started a podcast this week, which is all about telling the stories of people involved in the beer world. I have been working my contacts like crazy and have some great guests lined up...brewers, marketers, hops experts etc.

What I don't have yet is someone within the home brewing industry that people like yourselves would see as being a "must listen" guest...I was thinking someone like John Palmer would be awesome, but who else?

I was hoping you guys could help me start a list of these types of guests related to home brewing? Aim big, you never know who i may be able to secure. In my experience, people in the beer world are so giving of their time to promote the cause...and they can talk to me from the comfort of their lounge chair to do this!

Cheers

Chris

This is my first eposode...
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-beerhealer-interviews/id1434286285

Good on you for getting out there.

I’d love to hear the inside story behind the BrewDog guys. Home brew background, DIY Dog and Aussie expansion and global domination

Gordon Strong, wouldn't be surprised tough if some of the bigger names will charge a fee, Tracy Aquilla is someone who would be interesting, he is a biochemist who brews.

What the community doesn't have in au is the interviews with competition winning amateur brewers.

With the sheer amount of podcasts interviewing the big guys, you may need a point of difference to sell it.

Good interview there Chris.

Bronzed Brews author - Peter Symons (on here as korev) would be a good start for an interview and he knows a few of the international guys, so might be a good contact point for you.

I was chatting to Hendo, down at Backbone bar, yesterday, I mentioned your podcast post to him, and he said he'd be happy to something for it, so that's another one you can add to your list.

Good on you for getting out there.

I’d love to hear the inside story behind the BrewDog guys. Home brew background, DIY Dog and Aussie expansion and global domination

Me too!!!

I was chatting to Hendo, down at Backbone bar, yesterday, I mentioned your podcast post to him, and he said he'd be happy to something for it, so that's another one you can add to your list.

Cheers mate!!!!

Good interview there Chris.

Bronzed Brews author - Peter Symons (on here as korev) would be a good start for an interview and he knows a few of the international guys, so might be a good contact point for you.

Cheers mate!!

I will shoot him a message.

What the community doesn't have in au is the interviews with competition winning amateur brewers.

With the sheer amount of podcasts interviewing the big guys, you may need a point of difference to sell it.

Yeah I guess everyone assumes (myself included) that the higher profile people are what interests the everyday brewer...but maybe not?

I'll check put your podcast this week on my commute .

while I don't have names, as a guy who listens to a few I'd say that the guests ability to talk well and be entertaining is pretty much always more important than what they have achieved or know.

Brendan O’Sullivan of 3 ravens is a good guy and very knowledgeable. Worth a chat with him, he does enjoy a sour beer.

On the international list, Charlie Bamforth is always worth listening to. He teaches brewing in the USA and is able to speak at a home brew level.

I'll check put your podcast this week on my commute .

while I don't have names, as a guy who listens to a few I'd say that the guests ability to talk well and be entertaining is pretty much always more important than what they have achieved or know.

With respect to OP, I've heard Hendo speak on podcasts a handful of times, Brendan a few, Bamforth a dozen. I agree that if the person has a unique approach or an interesting brewing philosophy (along with a entertaining personality), it generally trumps knowledge. Look at Experimental Brewing, those guys often talk to guests that are just from their homebrew club or find people through their own networks. It's great stuff.

I think you can get someone who works part time at your LHBS on your podcast so long as their voice is good for radio (a face for radio is optional) and have something interesting to offer. I just listened to a recent Beer is a Conversation podcast with a guy from a flavourings/extract/purer company. On paper it sounded as boring as batshit, but ended up quite interesting.

Latest posts

Back