Homebrew Article in The West Australian

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
Homebrew article in today's West...

page0001 (Large).jpg

Good beer, Cheaply made is what had me drawn to AG brewing.
I was tired of spending $8-10 a pint at pubs and more tired of spending $6-8 a bottle at the store for some english ale.

You beaut I thought, only costs $15-$20 a batch for 2.5 cartons.

Nobody warns you about the $2k+ you will blow modifying your shed, buying kegs, kegerators, keg taps, heating elements, $200 of grain at a time, Freezer chokkas full of hops, NFI how I will never get through them, angry missus syndrome, "get that sh!t out of my kitchen", "wtf is this in the laundry sink", "i turned off that thing that was whirling about the liquid in the kitchen, it was annoying me, hope you don't mind... ARGH!"

But hell, as long as I stop upgrading at some point, and then brew with what I have for about 2 years straight with nothing requiring repair of replacement, then I reckon i will break even.....

Cheap hobby? LOL, but I f*cking love it and wouldn't change it for the world.

Also in the west today was a mention of a new limited release by Gage Roads I think, was reading about it during a firedrill.

Cheers,
D80

With all due respect to Scott but TBH I thought it was a waste of paper space. All good for the person, who I reckon is a member here also, to have his name up in lights but it only says what quite a few people would know anyway. i.e. started home brewing by some influence, then moved to AG. Good on him I guess.

Diesel80 said:
But hell, as long as I stop upgrading at some point, and then brew with what I have for about 2 years straight with nothing requiring repair of replacement, then I reckon i will break even.....
I gave up on that ages ago, it's just not gonna happen.

average joe thinks homebrew beer is equivalent to moonshine made by tightass alcoholics that dont mind drinking something that tastes like shit aslong as its cheap and gets you smashed
anything that changes that point of view is welcome imo

Gryphon Brewing said:
Dont know who those two one drunks are but that Morris character sounds doggie :lol:
Nev
He is Nev, dodgy as they come. Can't brew decent beer either (or so I've heard).

tonesbrew said:
average joe thinks homebrew beer is equivalent to moonshine made by tightass alcoholics that dont mind drinking something that tastes like shit aslong as its cheap and gets you smashed
anything that changes that point of view is welcome imo
Too true. Either that or people only tasted what their old man used to brew and aren't aware how easy it is to make the good stuff. Bringing brewing out of the dark ages in peoples' minds is a good thing.

Latest posts

Back