Homebrand Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixiedust

Reaction score
I was given a couple of tins of homebrand Draught.

Any suggestions on how to jazz it up? I am not afraid to experiment.

Hubby likes Stouts, TEDs, Mexican or Super Dry types of beers.

I will be going to my LHBS in the next few days.

some pride of ringwood hops, body builder sugar blend (dextrose, dried malt and corn sugar), a better yeast and temp control will give you a nicer beer that will taste a lot better than your standard kit brew
where are you from, someone local to you may be able to either reccomend your best lhbs or could give a hand

There is only one 50km away, the next closest are on the coast, 300km away. Inland CQ.

Thanks for your input :).

have a look at mail ordering from Craftbrewer, Ross is a great guy!

I think homebrand is Coles from memory and they stopped supplying this some time ago now, so it may pay you to check the colour as lme goes darker the older it gets unless it has been stored under refrigeration.
I would also avoid using the yeast under the lid because it is probably passed its use by date as well, however if the goo has not turned dark then use it with some dme and dextrose and brew to around 21 litres instead of 23 to give it a bit of bitterness from the iso hop in the tin of goo.
Go to your lhbs and get a us05 yeast if you chose to brew with the tin and try to keep the fermentation temp around 20 deg c with a wet towel over the fermenter and ferment it in a cool place...laundry etc

Happy brewing

Dicko, its Woolworths and still in date. :).

Will get that yeast, thanks.

As I have only been brewing for around six months I haven't been game to buy online, so far.

Dive in, you'll get a much more diverse range, and for most likely much cheaper
and you might catch the brewing bug and progress on to all grain ;)

Will do :). Although I got in trouble today for buying too much stuff, lol.

I got some DME, pride of ringwood hops and us05 yeast to use in this one.

Pretty sure I inherited some malted barley when I got all of this stuff from the old fellow that passed. So once it gets a bit cooler I shall experiment with BIAB!

Back