Home Made Party Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Tony,

Those couple of words I didn't want to hear ...but knew I would eventually!! :(

I'll bite the bullet and get it to an expert!!

Cheers! :beerbang:

Jimmy

Not sure I totally understand where it is leaking from your post. But I found that a standard 2 or 3 litre milk bottle top pretty much fits at the bottom of the pump housing. I just cut the sides off a cap and siliconed it to the bottom of the pump housing and it doesn't leak from the main / top opening. The pressure in the vessel pushes the top against the pump housing so you get a good seal.

BUT - I must admit I can't stop it leaking where the beer line attaches to teh vessel so I still have not got my one working yet...

yeah ...i am trying to take the pump housing out of the equation ...it screws down into a well in the lid, so I think I will cut a piece of thick plastic (hdpe) to fit the well and get it plas-welded so it seals.

...then i will drill a hole through it to take a air tool disconnect and this will be my gas in ...

who knows? it may just work ;)

I bought a plastic "skin fitting" from a boat place and it actually filled the hole in the lid nicely and left a decent length of half inch thread hanging out the top, but I couldn't get it too seal. I then went back to the drilled hole in the side idea for the tire valve and that worked OK.

BUT - I think the idea above of 2 x stainless washers and a brass nipple sounds great. Seal the top and end up with a decent length of half inch thread hanging out the top to add what ever you need.

My isuse is I've added the tire valve and that is sealed well, the top is sealed, but where I attach the beer line to the original fitting I get a slow leak. Be OK if you were filling from a keg for a party as the leak is slow, but I'd like to condition in the plastic "keg" so needs to be fully sealed.

C & B - Richard.

i hope you have a win with yoursB) ...If i have any success with my method I give everyone a heads-up :D

Latest posts

Back