Home Brewing Comp For Bendigo Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freaking sweet! sent off my email!!!

Mine has gone off too. Hopefully there's spots left...

2 spots left...

I got a gig. Take the opportunity to visit the family and catch up with ole friends that weekend. :icon_cheers:

Oh deary me. I am very excited. Have sent my email expressing interest. I will be there, whether I'm able to submit beers or not.

Trust this all to have happened once i left.

Timing can be a bitch <_<

Good luck to all the BAD boys entering

Kleiny

Yes Kleiny timing can suck but that'll learn yer leaving :icon_cheers:. It sounds like a great event. For a city of 100,000 Bendigo has a lot potential for a craft beer and homebrewing scene. I say potential because like the addy article says, there isn't *that much* going on. There are venues such as the Dispensary already that are under patronised by local beer lovers. And as another example, I hadn't even heard of the Basement Bar before now!

A great grand prize.

GRAND PRIZE!!! Holgate Brewhouse have shown some great support for Bendigo
Homebrew Competition and Tasting offering the following for the Judges Prize:
brewer for a day package winner helps out on a Wed or Thurs Holgate brew day and
a nights accommodation at the brewhouse.

A great grand prize.

GRAND PRIZE!!! Holgate Brewhouse have shown some great support for Bendigo
Homebrew Competition and Tasting offering the following for the Judges Prize:
brewer for a day package winner helps out on a Wed or Thurs Holgate brew day and
a nights accommodation at the brewhouse.

Thats an awesome prize considering a 1 in 30 chance. Great work guys.
Whats the go with the entry form? Posted, emailed?

I think I may have had a mild brett (or similar) infection in my starter that I just pitched into the Rye IPA I brewed for this competition. After pitching I smelled the starter and while it doesn't smell terrible, there's definitely something off there.

I used the same stock of 1272 from my fridge as my last IPA that also had a mild infection, which I put down to using an old hop sock to filter the beer when pouring from the cube (It was the first time I had done so and I thought boiling this would sanitise this sufficiently but after reading the yeast book, realised this is not sufficient). I now think the infection may be in the stubbies of 1272 I have in the fridge. The shame about it is that I thought it was time to refresh my 1272 with a new smack pack but G&G had sold out so I kept using my current stock.

I'll just have to wait and see...
RDWHAH...

Hi Guys,

Justin McPhail here - thought i'd see if there was any interest happening on the internet regarding the event - good to see there is!

So far we have had 19 entries, a fairly diverse range with some surprising 'mad' brews! Just what I was hoping for!

If you guys are on facebook - check out the Facebook Group 'Better Beer for Bendigo'

Will stop the shameless self promotion now :)

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Guys,

Justin McPhail here - thought i'd see if there was any interest happening on the internet regarding the event - good to see there is!

So far we have had 19 entries, a fairly diverse range with some surprising 'mad' brews! Just what I was hoping for!

If you guys are on facebook - check out the Facebook Group 'Better Beer for Bendigo'

Will stop the shameless self promotion now :)

Cheers,

Justin

I must say I like the public tasting part of the deal, especially if it s good beer being put out for them. This is only a good thing for the beer community.

when does the basement bar open so I can get tickets.. i live and work in epsom so I dont go into town often and dont go out drinking on the town either..

Coming up for the weekend to visit Mum, the Brudda and the Grandparents. Alas a combination of other rellies coming across from Wang and our wish not to camp with inlaws/outlaws or family has me searching me for a 2 bedroom motel for 2 nights.
Any suggestions from the locals? Please dont recommend the National on the corner of Vine? opposite the Pizza Hut, what a shithole.
Budget is $200 a night.

Coming up for the weekend to visit Mum, the Brudda and the Grandparents. Alas a combination of other rellies coming across from Wang and our wish not to camp with inlaws/outlaws or family has me searching me for a 2 bedroom motel for 2 nights.
Any suggestions from the locals? Please dont recommend the National on the corner of Vine? opposite the Pizza Hut, what a shithole.
Budget is $200 a night.
Hey haysie , I have been camped at the Marong caravan and cabin park for the last few months and have no hesitations suggesting an ensuite cabin may suit your needs.
About 12 k's out of town keeps you out of the rat race and away from those annoying rellies :icon_chickcheers: nice , friendly park too!
Call in (fifth wheeler down the back) and I'll shout you a brew , 4 kegs on tap, no waiting :icon_cheers:

Back