Home brewer to pro brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score

Date: Monday 18:5:15

Come along and hear how people like us made the big leap. Ask the questions as to the steps needed, pitfalls, things to watch out for, to plan for.

There will be a fantastic range of east meets West breweries including our very own, mmmyummybeer (Tracy) and her fine fella Bruce, Tracy will be taking the stage with... Er... Others, sorry, names escape me. It's probably on the website somewhere.

It's a fantastic night with plenty of give-aways and raffles etc and a night not to be missed, I've been the last 3 years running think and will continue to attend.

Get along if you can just for shits and giggles, if you're thinking of going pro. You can't afford to not bring a pen (memory is often hazy the next day.

The venue is a step up from where it's been previously (same people runnings no it) and I look forward to seeing you all there.

I will be the red bearded yob as always.

*not involved in it in any other way than loving this event and a few quiet whispers to help out folks.

:)

Sounds good Yob, was this like a ticketed sit down event with speakers or is it more of a mingle occasion? Also what time does it start?
Cheers

Bit of both mate, you get x tasters with your ticket, pro Brewers take the stage and do a bit of 'about me' then it's question answer time, so it's a cool format and pretty open.

Time? Er.. 7ish at a guess.. My memory is pretty hazy on previous events

If you have any interest at all in the notion of going pro this is a great way to hear about what it takes. I've been to the last two and I've learned just how little I know each time. Always a good thing when you're contemplating jumping up to your neck in...mash. It will absolutely fuel your contemplation of whether this brewing thing is something you want to do every day in a somewhat repetitive fashion. Even when the descriptions of constant cleaning and sanitising have finished pummeling you, you will find yourself inspired as a brewer and hopefully in the direction that's right for you. I GREATLY appreciate the effort the organisers and brewers have gone to in the past and now, if for nothing else than a good night of brewing tales and drinking beers. Fully recommended, whether you're serious about it or just fancied the idea of brewing full time when you were drunk one night.

Bugger

Single parent week with SWMBO in the US and me stupidly declining an offer for MIL to be down here. Need to,find a babysitter

Any chance of capturing this on video for Youtube?
I might even be willing to pay a small fee to watch it.
Should I contact the organisers?

Dunno Les, can ask mate. Might be a good idea to drop the organisers a line too, if they can't do it this year, they might look at it next. Dunno what the venues AV setup is though.

Emailed to Good Beer Week:

Is it possible to obtain a copy of the Home brewer to Pro brewer presentations on DVD, or can it be recorded and made available on YouTube, possibly even at a small fee?
If not this year, then an option for future events.
I can only see this as a good marketing opportunity for the furtherance of Good Beer Week, and relations with all home brewers.
Thanks for your time
Les

A reminder that this event is next Monday, get those questions written down and get your beer coat on.. I had a sneaky look at the tap list last night and it's a cracker

:)

Les the Weizguy said:
Emailed to Good Beer Week:

Is it possible to obtain a copy of the Home brewer to Pro brewer presentations on DVD, or can it be recorded and made available on YouTube, possibly even at a small fee?
If not this year, then an option for future events.
I can only see this as a good marketing opportunity for the furtherance of Good Beer Week, and relations with all home brewers.
Thanks for your time
Les
are the cameras going to be rolling?

Latest posts

Back