Home Brew Store To Recommend In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schia

Reaction score
Hello all,

Is there is good and reliable home brew store to recommend in Melbourne? I would like to get all sort of grains and hops and any good place is welcome.

Thanks

Grain and Grape in Yarraville have an extensive range. There are a number of others in and around Melbourne. Where in Melbourne are you located?

sap.

Grain and Grape in Yarraville have an extensive range. There are a number of others in and around Melbourne. Where in Melbourne are you located?

sap.

Thanks for the recommendation. Located in Vic, PO 3000... any around that area?

Grain and grape would be first choice for me although I believe greensbourough home brewing have a good reputation if you live out that direction.

GG deliver via Aussie post - Under $8 for one box that's up to 20 kg.

depending on your location, some good ones:

Greensborough Home Brewing
The Brewers Den in Boronia
Grain & Grape (Yarraville)

sap.

is this a good place to get stuff www.ibrew.com.au?

Looks like the range is limited. Only Joe white grain and I'm not sure if they have liquid yeasts.

Greensborough home brewing and grain and grape are both fantastic, Greensborough is my LHBS which is great.

Looks like the range is limited. Only Joe white grain and I'm not sure if they have liquid yeasts.

how are joe white grains? I've been using briess malt all these while and i find them to be good enough for me.

Joe white is fine. If you want choice though, one of the other stores will give you that as opposed to limited range.

At GG (for example) you can get Joe white in addition to bairds, simpsons, weyerman's, crisp etc. I believe greensy is similar.

Thanks for the recommendation. Located in Vic, PO 3000... any around that area?

Well, 3000 is Melbourne CBD. So just drive over the bridge to Grain and Grape in Yarraville.

If you're in Melbourne CBD Cellar Plus on Peel St is your closest.
Range of grain is limited (I'm unsure of their supplier), and the hops are split between a small range in the fridge with dry yeasts and a larger range kept on a shelf next to the fridge.

It's alright if you're in a pinch and don't want to wait for delivery (if your mode of transport is public).

Grain and grape is my choice, but working in the city I pick stuff up from Cellar Plus if I am in a hurry.

Back