Holgate Stay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeddog

Reaction score
I took the wife to Holgate Brewery for her birthday Saturday night as a surprise even though she hates beer. I thought she was gonna tear me a new one when she found out where we were staying. I sold the idea bytelling her they have fantastic Heathcote Shiraz for sale. Anyway, I got a package deal for the stay there. $400 for a nights stay for two, 3 course meal, breakfast , full body massage, facial spa. What a deal.

We had a fantastic time. We drove up from the Mornington Peninsula. Arrived at 1pm, walked around town for a while checked in at about 1.30pm massage was at 2.30pm. Walked out of the Massage place (which is just across the road) super relaxed 4pm. Went back to the brewery to set in for a sip. I bought a tasting paddle and a bottle of red for the fiscal overlord. We were getting hungry so Rachael from Holgate suggested we have the entrée of beer bread and marinated olives. I ended up buying the "Road Trip IPA" most of the night. Love it. We moved into the restaurant part of the pub for our mains. Triple cooked pork belly for me and some chicken thing the the misses. Awesome.. We then moved to the bar for desert. A a couple of Belgian blonds for a night cap. Feeling a little worst for wear in the morning we got up and had a holgate big breakfast.

From the massage to the meal to the beer a brilliant time was had.
The people could not have been nicer

I give it a double thumbs up

images5.jpg

Super jealous mate. Well done swindling the mrs. I go bonkers for road trip. It's the whole reason I started AG.

Latest posts

Back