Holgate road trip recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I've just about drank all this batch cos the hop flavour has deteriorated badly. It's only a month old but the citra and centennial have all but disappeared flavour wise. Still smells awesome as you pour it but tastes mainly of pine; re chinook.

I'm wondering if racking onto gelatin could be the culprit in early loss of hoppiness? I'm sure it should last longer than a month. Any of the experts care to comment?

Proffs said:
I'm glad I've just about drank all this batch cos the hop flavour has deteriorated badly. It's only a month old but the citra and centennial have all but disappeared flavour wise. Still smells awesome as you pour it but tastes mainly of pine; re chinook.

I'm wondering if racking onto gelatin could be the culprit in early loss of hoppiness? I'm sure it should last longer than a month. Any of the experts care to comment?
is that a version of the recipe I posted? you could also get pine from simcoe?
I am brewing it this weekend but dropped back the ibu's a bit for my friends palates.

I also see that the IBU adds up to 71 and checked the original photo of the slide and that is definitely what he put up at the conference.

I'm no expert but if you refridgerate your beer as soon as it's carbonated then maybe the late hoppiness won't disappear so quickly?

Re dry hopping, I plan on dry hopping with 1 gram of each per litre. Seems reasonable for an ipa, yeah?

pressure_tested said:
<snip>

Re dry hopping, I plan on dry hopping with 1 gram of each per litre. Seems reasonable for an ipa, yeah?
I reckon that's what they mean, rather than a combined 1gm/l of each hop. Makes more sense to be throwing 60 grams into 20 litres rather than 20 grams.

This is my attempt at the Holgate Road Trip, double batch (40L). Bloody beautiful drop.

IMG_20160408_091214 (1).jpg

Back