Holgate Brewhouse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agraham

Reaction score
Gents & Gals,

I am going up to the macedon ranges for the weekend with the missus and wanted to know whether i should pop in and try some of their brews.

I hear they are bottle conditioned, so I might get a couple and harvest the yeast....

Cheers and Beers,

Andrew

I've tried the APA and the English PA, both pretty nice. They both had massive amounts of head if I remember correctly. If you are in the area, you might as well stop in.

Gents & Gals,

I am going up to the macedon ranges for the weekend with the missus and wanted to know whether i should pop in and try some of their brews.

I hear they are bottle conditioned, so I might get a couple and harvest the yeast....

Cheers and Beers,

Andrew

Definitely stop in for the hand-pumped ales.

Can see no reason why you would not stop in if you were in the area.

They make a pretty good beer and their service is very good.

Their have been a few earlier posts about their beer. Some good, some bad.

I have not been to the brewhouse but would definately visit if in the area.
Just like any other micro if I was in the area.

cheers
johnno

Go.

Get the beer served off their beer engines. Very nice indeed. :)

Warren -

Definately drop in,

Highly reccomend the brews and the friendly service. They've also just opened up the new brewery off the side of the brewhouse now and although I haven't been since the opening I'd say it'd be pretty interesting.

Enjoy it, the Old Pale Ale is noice!

JS

Great place for proper beer fans - organised to go there on the way home from a cricket players trip to Bendigo. Most of them wound up drinking Boags Premium while I was enjoying an Abbey Ale. No VB - they were lost!

I must say i was very impressed by the setup they had out there. There wasnt any winter ale (porter) on tap. however i tried a few of their brews.

I must say the old bitter pale was very nice, however i didnt like the big red lager or the APA. Must be my all grain spoiled tastebuds ;)

I bought a couple of bottles of the old pale and porter, and am considering harvesting the yeasties from the bottles. Do you know what strain of wyeast they use?

Definitely another vote for "yes, visit Holgate"!

Their hand-pumped ales are a treat. See if you can get hold of some winter ale - it gets cold up there!!

Back