Holgate Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
Noticed that the local liquor store started stocking Holgate, so of course I had to try one of everything. Can't tell you how impressed I am with this brewery. Absolutely fantastic beers. I know that little creatures is supposed to be great as well, but so far I've not been able to find it here. Any other Aussie micros to watch for?

Side note: bet Holgate is MUCH cheaper there. Ranged in price from $6 to $9 per 330ml bottle. :huh:

No not that much cheaper. A 330ml of their pilsner is $5.49. Not sure what the Aussie to Canadian dollar exchange rate is though. But yeh they do some great beers. Their choclate Porter is good too.

There are a lot of Aussie Micro breweries that do great beers but I dont know what you would find over there. But here is some homework for you. Search the breweries listed in this PDF, email them and ask them if they export to Canada. Then let us know what you managed to track down. I would say that just about all of them listed here do great beers...But Im biased of course.

http://vami.org.au/beer%20lovers'%20guide%20to%20victoria's%20microbreweries.pdf

Mornington, Feral and Temple are a few really good ones. Unfortunately Temple production is at least temporarily at a halt - not sure if you'll see any over there.

That link above wont work. What am I doing wrong? Why cant we link to PDfs? Is it soemthing to do with the % symbols used as spaces in a weblink?

Not normally a massive Holgate fan, but I do like their "Temptress" Chocolate Porter... mmmm!

Other local breweries that get the nod from me, in rough order of awesomeness: Feral, Little Creatures, Mountain Goat, Stone & Wood, Bridge Rd, Kooinda... loads more that I can't seem to recall.

Latest posts

Back