Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobart Water Help

Discussion in 'Water' started by ASYLUM_SPIRIT, 15/10/19.

1. ASYLUM_SPIRIT

Home Page:
    Posted 15/10/19
    Hi all

This water stuff is doing my head in, I think I'm fairly up to speed in other areas of brewing but this really confuses me.

I found a old water report from several years ago from this forum in the Hobart Group, but not sure how to put it into Ezy Water and really not sure what additions I need.

Is Ezy Water the best software to use?

Is anyone able to help or send me a screen shot of what there using in Hobart?

Does anyone have a water report?

Or is there a general amount people use to just improve our brewing water.

Im using a now using a Brewzilla 3.1 35 litre.

Appreciate any help

2. wide eyed and legless

Pro Pro

Posted 16/10/19
  3. Schikitar

Posted 16/10/19
    I'm in Launceston mate and if Hobart water is anything like ours (all provided by TasWater) then it's a pretty blank slate that you don't really need to do too much with unless a certain style requires you to push levels in a certain direction. For my water these days I'm usually just adding a heaped teaspoon calcium chloride (CaCl2) and *maybe* a touch of gypsum (CaSO4) - keeping in mind I brew mostly ales (IPAs), porters and stouts, not lagers or such..

You can email TasWater if you need more specific information - enquiries@taswater.com.au - shoot me a PM if you need some help to get the info into the EZWater spreadsheet..