Hobart Brewing Co

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vines36

Reaction score
Had a sensational Hobart Brewing Co beer from Saint John yesterday. Think it was an XPA.
I have really enjoyed all the beers I’ve had from them. Anyone got any clone recipes or ideas for their beers?

I really like their Colorado IPA, no recipe ideas here, perhaps reach out and ask them, they seem fairly approachable. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of Shambles and The Winston (both in Hobart)..

Also, Saint John is my local, you going to Fresh Hop Festival? That's a silly question for a Lonny beer fan I'm sure, I'm so pumped for it as I was in Adelaide last year and couldn't go!

Sorry to hijack. The family and I are going to Hobart for the first time in June. Any recommendations brewery wise whilst we’re there?

I’ll have a 6 and 2 year old in tow, so any child friendly/tolerant recommendations would be great!

The family and I are going to Hobart for the first time in June. Any recommendations brewery wise whilst we’re there?
Hobart Brewing, Shambles, T-Bone and even Bruny Island Beer & Cheese (if you can make the venture) are all family friendly brewpubs, another good spot is Preachers right near Salamanca. North Hobart (Elizabeth St) has some great eateries and bars as well (also very close to Shambles/T-Bone) such as Prancing Pony, Boodle Beasley and many more.

Hope you have a great time, Hobart is a great spot - make sure you check out Mona, that's a must-do, also Moo Brew is out there as well, bonus!!

Hobart Brewing, Shambles, T-Bone and even Bruny Island Beer & Cheese (if you can make the venture) are all family friendly brewpubs, another good spot is Preachers right near Salamanca. North Hobart (Elizabeth St) has some great eateries and bars as well (also very close to Shambles/T-Bone) such as Prancing Pony, Boodle Beasley and many more.

Hope you have a great time, Hobart is a great spot - make sure you check out Mona, that's a must-do, also Moo Brew is out there as well, bonus!!

That’s great mate. Thank you very much. Mona was up there on the list so great to hear that it is worthwhile. We’re really looking forward to it!

By the way, that profile pic of me is drinking a Kick Snare barrel aged porter at Preachers, behind me is an old bus permanently parked in the beer garden, always see kids hanging out there while mums/dads enjoy a couple brews, it's a great spot but be warned the weather is getting cooler! ;)

Latest posts

Back