Hisense 205 L Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barndillo

Reaction score
Went to The Good Guys to get a 160L F&P chest freezer but changed my mind when I saw this and it only cost $35 more ($384 total).

Its a Hisense HR6CF205 and should fit 4 kegs into it no worries.

P2050042.JPG

P2050043.JPG

Just need to get a fridgemate before SWMBO goes and buys a side of lamb

How many cornies can you fit into that bad boy?

Looks like 4 might be a squeeze but it could just be the angle of the photo.

How many cornies can you fit into that bad boy?

Looks like 4 might be a squeeze but it could just be the angle of the photo.

I've only got two ATM - but have future proofed a little bit.
The width of the freezer is 390mm so they will have to stagger :icon_drunk: in.
I put in the two then leapfrogged the first over the sencond and then the same again. As long as I didn't bump them on the way 4 should just fit in!

Where are the taps going? Are you just going to carefully drill holes in the side or do you have a font to mount in the lid. Nice find!

Where are the taps going? Are you just going to carefully drill holes in the side or do you have a font to mount in the lid. Nice find!
I only have a pluto gun ATM, but wil invest in a font in the future.

I'm thinking of getting one of them once I free up some space, can you take a photo with 2 kegs in it? (that way I don't have to take kegs into the shop).

The power rating is not that good, on a par with my old girls I'd reckon.

But it new so that's a plus.

Batz

But it new so that's a plus.

Batz

if it's 2 1/2 stars at minus 18... wouldn't it be pretty dam good at plus 4 ish?

pretty sure the the star ratings changed a couple of years ago - 2.5 stars is the equivalent of 4 stars with the old system.
or something like that.

Hi Batz

I find it's better to look at the kWh/yr figure than star rating. The Hisense is listed as 322kWh/yr which is almost exactly the same for similar sized chest freezers from bigger names like Kelvinator and Westinghouse. A 216L Fisher & Paykel uses slightly more at 342kWh/yr.

Unfortunately all the manufacturers seem to aim for a similar level of power consumption.

comparison.com.au is pretty useful for doing a quick search of product specs.

Cheers
MAH

Hi Batz

I find it's better to look at the kWh/yr figure than star rating. The Hisense is listed as 322kWh/yr which is almost exactly the same for similar sized chest freezers from bigger names like Kelvinator and Westinghouse. A 216L Fisher & Paykel uses slightly more at 342kWh/yr.

Unfortunately all the manufacturers seem to aim for a similar level of power consumption.

comparison.com.au is pretty useful for doing a quick search of product specs.

Cheers
MAH
Your right MAH, A quick look around the whitegoods section and I don't think I saw anything over 2.5stars under $500 (not sure about the bigger ones)

'Had mine for two years now, great little unit.
Bought as a factory second for $299 and got the seller to install a fridge thermostat for another fifty bucks.
Four kegs no worries and a carton and a half of stubbies on the motor hump.

DSC00115_1.JPG

DSC00116_1.JPG

Thats brilliant pmash,

Quick question, where is the gas line?

Also a hisense convert

stay tuned for my next video

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back