Hiring kegs & couplers for a party - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakbeer

Reaction score
Hi all,

My sister is having a party & has asked if she can borrow my kegerator, which is fine. She wants to get a keg each of Beer & Cider.

Where is the best place in Melbourne to get full kegs? She'll also need to hire the couplers that go with the kegs, so a place that has them too would be good.

No Carlton Draught or VB crap either, her taste buds actually work ;)

Any advice or contacts would be appreciated

I am pretty sure I remember one of my mates doing this for an end of season thing with his footy club a few years back.

If I remember correctly, he was able to borrow it from a local pub. He may have known an owner there, I'm not too sure, but I think if you asked a couple of local joints you might find someone willing to do it for you.

Or you could brew for the occasion..? :ph34r:

Are you talking 50L kegs, as you don't seem to have the couplers? Will two of them actually fit in your kegerator?

Why not try to find a place that fills cornies? There's a good one here in Brisbane, but can't help you in Melbourne I'm afraid.

Was thinking 50L kegs, but if there are places that fill cornies that will do the trick! Only one will fit inside but the plan was to have a second one in an ice bath

I borrowed a keg for a party years ago but I knew the owner & he doesn't own the pub anymore

Just out of interest on a related note; Is there anywhere where you can hire empty kegs & couplers if you want to fill them yourself?

also *most brewerys will sell you a full keg you just have to find your own portable tap system.

Back