Hiring a New Barleyperson!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
Thanks to the support of all you wonderful brewers, from mid-December, we'll be needing a new Barleyman or Barleywoman.

We're pleased to be able to offer the following position to the right candidate:

Permanent Part Time
16 hours a week at $22/hour plus 9.5% super contribution. Monday to Thursday - 8am to 12 noon plus occasional overtime.

The person will be responsible for day to day operations in the warehouse, such as checking and packing orders, general cleaning and organisation, repacking stock, reporting to management on stock levels and trends, and dealing with customers face to face.

The right person will have the following essential skills:
  • Solid home brewing knowledge (all grain a must) and be able to offer advice and recommendations to customers by phone, email and face to face
  • Physically able to lift and pour 25kg bags of grain
  • Ability to pick and pack orders in a short timeframe
  • Demonstrated customer service experience
  • A current Australian driver license (for a manual vehicle)
  • Able to work unsupervised.

If that sounds like something you would like to do, please send me an email at [email protected] with your CV and a short cover note on who you are and your home brewing experience.

If you know anyone who might be interested in the role, but isn't a regular of these forums, please pass it on!

Edit: I neglected to say the position is in Padstow, NSW.

Don't hesitate to send in those CV's guys!

Nick R said:
Also: brewing allowed at work
Shut the flock up !!!! What's the commuter traffic like Melbourne to Sydney...

Danwood said:
Shut the flock up !!!! What's the commuter traffic like Melbourne to Sydney...
Probably better than it is from Ringwood into Melbourne City...

I live just that little bit too far away or I'd jump all over it.

We're still looking for the right candidate! Don't hesitate to recommend to your friends if you think it might suit someone. Also, the hours have increased to 20 a week, Mon-Friday 8 to 12.

There' gotta be other options. Train Betty to do the inhouse lifting, unpacking and face-to-muzzle, and then I can telecommute. :)

:icon_offtopic: This bloke needs a job

C3P0.jpg

One of the only brew shops in Sydney open Mondays. Top Work!!!

ED: I've found that brewing on Saturday, leads to find out ferment has failed Monday, which then leads to a mad rush to find more yeast which has usually found me waiting till Tuesday

Latest posts

Back