Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
The interesting thing is how it is more a protest vote, like brexit, and like our last election

The masses are sick of the bullshit
Whoever thinks Trump is a better "protest vote" than Clinton needs to get themselves lobotomised (or maybe that's the problem).

That said, the yanks really do love to screw themselves over.

Trump is outside the institution of politicians. He differs, he lives free, he don't give no fucks: he's an American. Just what Americans want as their president.

He won't have had proximity to Snowden esque spying; he is potentially the people's most trustworthy candidate.

If you think Obama turned grey in his tenure, think of the litres of orange Trump will need when he learns America's secrets and is responsible. **** knows who his mentor will be.

This is a risky time, because 'deal making' just ain't everything

good4whatAlesU said:
Australian coalition take note.
Now that is a funny story.

Labor must be rolling around the floor outside the chamber

1ukjLdNz.png

I really am not sure why so many Australians are shocked at this. We saw evidence of something similar in our recent election with One Nation. The US populace are deeply disenfranchised with the current political elite that have done nothing for the people and are just sick of being fleeced. So what is considered to be an outsider comes along, bingo. Where is the surprise? It is in the fact that the media were clueless and could not put 2 and 2 together. The writing was on the wall folks.

One nation won enough votes/preferences to win a few seats, not govern an entire nation though.

fraser_john said:
I really am not sure why so many Australians are shocked at this. We saw evidence of something similar in our recent election with One Nation. The US populace are deeply disenfranchised with the current political elite that have done nothing for the people and are just sick of being fleeced. So what is considered to be an outsider comes along, bingo. Where is the surprise? It is in the fact that the media were clueless and could not put 2 and 2 together. The writing was on the wall folks.
I agree.

fraser_john said:
I had a glimmer of hope/naivety that the majority of the American public weren't that racist, sexist or stupid... I mean really, just how dumb do you need to be to fall for his bullshit?

Hopefully the rest of the world fosters stronger relationships in light of this, progress onwards, in a world without America.

fraser_john said:
You're not wrong, but I'm not entirely sure how electing a narcissistic, ego driven billionaire as president is going to help these people? I'll be grateful if at the end of his presidency we haven't slipped into WW3, a nuclear winter or economic depression. Middle America think they have things bad now? Not sure 'The Donald' has anyone's interests at heart other than his own.

Why be surprised, I mean they voted a film star in good old Ronald Reagan. how did it ever get to Clinton vs Trump anyway?

Cant wait till he tears up all those free trade agreements with countries like China, where about 80% of Walmarts suppliers are based. I'm sure Walmarts 106 million odd weekly customers will be only to happy to pay $70-100 for their Levis rather than the current $17 in as they 'Make America great' once again.
Own goal. Well played.

I reckon Mexico WILL end up building a wall because they'll want to stop all the immigrants fleeing from the US

Dave70 said:
Cant wait till he tears up all those free trade agreements with countries like China, where about 80% of Walmarts suppliers are based. I'm sure Walmarts 106 million odd weekly customers will be only to happy to pay $70-100 for their Levis rather than the current $17 in as they 'Make America great' once again.
Own goal. Well played.
Can't wait for China to give Trump the finger when he tries to play hard and stupid with them.

Back