High Pressure Lpg Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Hi All
I received my adjustable high pressure lpg reg from ebay today that i'll be using for my 3 ring burner
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LP-Gas-Regulato...=item4a8c028b14
It's one i found in a thread on here, so i thought it'd be a good bet
only problem is it seems to have a barbed fitting on it, which it showed in the ad, but it looked to be loose
but no matter how hard i try, i can't unscrew the fitting from the regulator
I've flicked an email off to the seller to let them know i'm rather pissed off, but i doubt i'll get any response
just wondering if anyone knows, would it be safe/legal/sane for me to get a gas hose, lop the fitting off the end and then attach it to the barbed fitting with a hose clamp?

or should I just request a refund from the ebay seller? :unsure:

Being a gas fitting it would be a left hand thread on the fitting so undo it in the opposite direction to normal If you haven't already tried that.

Hi All
I received my adjustable high pressure lpg reg from ebay today that i'll be using for my 3 ring burner
only problem is it seems to have a barbed fitting on it, which it showed in the ad, but it looked to be loose
I've flicked an email off to the seller to let them know i'm rather pissed off, but i doubt i'll get any response
just wondering if anyone knows, would it be safe/legal/sane for me to get a gas hose, lop the fitting off the end and then attach it to the barbed fitting with a hose clamp?

Hi
Your regulator looks the same as my one from the UK. You can connect a gas hose to the barbed fitting with a hose clamp that is what the barbed fitting is for. It is generally not considered safe/legal/sane to do this in Australia but it is normal practise everywhere else.

Have you tried connecting your reg to a gas bottle yet? I had to change the bottle end of mine, it looked the same but was slightly larger and did not fit the gas bottles here.

Hi All

It says this in the description

-Outlet (female)could be fitted by any pigtail or hose with1/4" male adaptor.............

So you might be able to get a flexible hose with a male fitting to just screw in.

Cheers

Got a message back from the seller, and here is what he recommended
"The barbed fitting on this regulator can be unscrewed..But I am sorry, it is a little bit tight.. But with some bigger& strong hand tool, it can be unscrewed with hand.. Pls try it again.."
******* CALLED ME WEAK! :(

I could Dicko, but I can't remove the barbed fitting that's already screwed into the 1/4" female socket
gonna go to bunnings this morning to get some wd40 (ran out the other day) and a small blowtorch pen, and i'll heat the fitting up a bit to see if that'll help budge it

Brucce, I totally didn't think of that, so i'll go it a bit of a go in the opposite direction

S.E, the POL fitting screws straight into my gas bottle with no problems. If i still can't get the fitting off after heating it up, i'll just clamp a hose on

Someone recommended me to put the darn thing in the freezer to help unlock it. Makes sense since the threads are basically compressing each other. Try that.

good idea, i've just heated it up for a while, now i'll freeze it
if it doesn't budge it, it might crack the fitting and i can just manhandle it out

I could Dicko, but I can't remove the barbed fitting that's already screwed into the 1/4" female socket
gonna go to bunnings this morning to get some wd40 (ran out the other day) and a small blowtorch pen, and i'll heat the fitting up a bit to see if that'll help budge it

My apologies mate, I didn't read your post properly (Posting before coffee) :D

Cheers

the ebay seller wants me to send it back to hong kong for him to remove the fitting
if a fairly large bloke like me can't remove it with a rattle gun, i don't think he's going to be undoing it

Back