High Pressure LPG Reg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citizensnips

Reaction score
Looking for advice on a high pressure reg,

Tossing up with using a high flow on my 4 ring but really would prefer something in the much lower range of kPa, realise this is really hard to find so looking at something such as this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Propane...h=item3d6cc73c44:g:1l8AAOSwO8pbS~ct:rk:4:pf:0

I feel like I'm buying a ticket to my own funeral, would love to know if anyone uses a similar reg..especially on a ring burner etc..

Cheers

That looks to be an adjustable regulator, so you can dial it down as need be
I use an adjustable on my 3 ring, when I was using it until a "water purifier" I was getting 45L of wash up to the boil in about 40 minutes

Read up about using a high pressure reg with a low pressure burner.

Sorry guys should have said I've read up on high pressure regs with ring burners. I'm happy to use one as long as I'm able to have decent flow control. That's why I was asking if anyone had used the Chinese version.

That looks to be an adjustable regulator, so you can dial it down as need be
I use an adjustable on my 3 ring, when I was using it until a "water purifier" I was getting 45L of wash up to the boil in about 40 minutes

What reg were you using Spork?

I can't actually find mine on ebay anymore, they used to be everywhere
I'll take a pic when I get home tonight

Would appreciate that mate. Seems in all the old threads on this there used to be one a few people had that they purchased of the old beerbelly site and elsewhere. Can only guess it was taken off the market with compliance issues. Nowdays I'm not sure what people are using. I contacted Kegland and Kegking about the one attached to their burner but for whatever reason they both can't sell it separately.

Seems there a bit harder to get your hands on nowadays (for a fair price).

I found the thread from when I bought mine and couldn't get the barb fitting off, but the link doesn't work anymore

Yeah seems a lot of the old links to them are long gone.

Would be good to know if anyone has any experience with one of the more recent ones of eBay

I'd like to know why you can't get the other ones anymore
I leak test mine every other brew just in case and never had any problems

Citizensnips, did you end up getting the gas reg from your ebay link? If so, what was the performance like? I am thinking of getting one of those as well to go on my 3 ring burner.

Back