High Pressure Gas Cooker : Ray's Outdoors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great, Reg. I haven't seen one before, but I'm interested. Any idea of price?

- Snow

They are like the US turkey fryers. I have a mate who has one of the burners but not the stand. Puts out good heat. Bigfella recently was playing around with one but couldn't get much performance out of it, don't know why?

That sure does look like a top unit , bet shes not cheap

Reg,

Try Gameco. Their Monoglian burner seems the go. I've seen it working in the shop and I started drooling....... Just saving up my pennies now for three of the buggers...... :( :( :(

Awesome Burners

Hi All,

Chiller has posted agreat topic on the system or hybrid ........I will be witnessing it on Sunday.......I heard they are only $29 (excluding stand) needs a HP reg - $50

see Burner

Cheers for now
JSB

I have stated this here before but the local disposal store in town here in Hobart has these same burners and stands as reg posted and they were about $59, no hose or reg though. But that might give some indication of the price of these?

I've seen and been deafened by Chiller's burners a couple of times and I can tell you they are the Beez Neez, the Ducks Guts and the future in rocket propulsion... ok maybe not.

If anyone is looking for new burners I can highly recommend them. (FWIW)

Steve

I rang and they said the price was 49.95 Reg extra. Starting at 17. I asked him if it could take the weight of 50 litres in a pot. He uhmed and oohed a bit but said yes in the end. I would still like to check it out.

cheers

Hi Reg,

Looking at the pic of the burner / regulator I would say the reg isn't a high enough pressure reg to get the most from the burner.

With the correct reg the burner is "frightening". :D

Without the correct burner reg [normal high pressure that most use] it is not at all impressive.

The stand design on the pic you posted is better than mine as it offers excellent wind protection.

Steve

Hello all,

I got some further info back from Ray's Outdoors - the diameter at the top is around 36cm. They don't have a tested weight limit - they suggest a safe working weight of around 40-50 kg.

I'm pretty sure there's a Ray's opening in Camperdown (Sydney NSW) - might go for a look.

I'd not considered wind protection but that's a good thought chiller. (When I was browsing the Ray's site, this one stood out for being up on a stand - that's the main thing that really struck me.). Those images on your burners thread are amazing - red as blazes - zero to boiling in no time flat.

cheers
reg

I've seen and been deafened by Chiller's burners a couple of times and I can tell you they are the Beez Neez, the Ducks Guts and the future in rocket propulsion... ok maybe not.

If anyone is looking for new burners I can highly recommend them. (FWIW)

Steve

likewise mate this is the only way to go, get in contact with chiller! ;)

I lashed out and got one from Rays a couple of months ago but had little or no luck getting a satisfactory flame from it. It just kept jumping around and would even go out some times.
I'm know using the high pressure reg on my three ring and it works a treat. I think the one that chiller is using must be better made I guess. I may give it a go again one day.

Bigfella,
Do you know where these are made by any chance.
Thanks for the update on that as well. I was considering this one but I will probably go for the one Sosman uses now.

cheers

Bigfella said:
I lashed out and got one from Rays a couple of months ago but had little or no luck getting a satisfactory flame from it. It just kept jumping around and would even go out some times.
I'm know using the high pressure reg on my three ring and it works a treat. I think the one that chiller is using must be better made I guess. I may give it a go again one day.
The reg used by most homebrewers for 3 ring burners is nowhere near enough pressure to run one of the jet burners.

Sosman has a different style of burner to mine but uses the same regulator. Just on sound alone these regs pass nearly twice the gas of the normal high pressure ones.

When I first tried the burner I used my adjustable higher pressure reg from my other burner but the thing was pathetic. Put it on the correct reg and it is frightening.

Steve

Hi Chiller,
Can you tell me a part number or other form of ID of one of those regulators to run the jet burners.
Maxbuilt apparently told a fellow brewer over here that the small adjustable regulator (same as your other one Steve) was suitable and I told him that it wasn't.
Finally proved that it wasn't!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

The only numbers I can find on the reg are:

type 912

0.5 - 2 bar.

Steve

dicko hows it going mate.
when i bought my burners the same as chillers they had no regs available so im using a cig lp regulator which puts out more pressure than the ones globe sells.this cig reg is expensive but does the trick if you can lay your hands on one.

cheers
big d

and i forgot fully adjustable from 0-upwards and with a gauge to see what your doing

Hi Big D and Steve,
To prove the performance of the burner we used a CIG adjustable reg and of course it performed as expected.
At the moment I can't lay my hands on one so I was looking for one of the type that Globe sell but obviously they are hard to identify.
I'll keep looking. :unsure:
Cheers

Back