Hi there downunder from Germany!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, this is Matthias (from MattMill)
I'd like to introduce myself.
I am a german homebrewer since 1986.
Since 2006 I invented, developed and manufactured some smart homebrew equipment such as maltmills, lautering devices and some other things made in germany in best sense.
Best regards with sorry for my 40year old, rusty school english!
Matthias

Hi Matthias.
No worries, your English is much better than most of ours here.
Please provide more details!

Thank you for your friendly welcome!
You can find my inventions named MattMill , such as Läuterhexe , Kompakt and much more.
My newest development is a joint venture with Speidel, a high-end maltmill system called MattMill Braumeister.
20171230_134137_resized.jpg

Wie geht es Matthias? Willkommen! I for one am aware of who you are. Check out a thread on a mill you may be familiar with here and I assume this one is also yours?

Hello.
Visiting Germany for the first time in March. Wuppertal, dusseldorf (for the altbier) and Berlin.

Hope to learn a smidgeon of the language between now and then.

Also looking forward to a trip to Europe in July/August, so need to brush-up on my German, which is currently "fur das strasse".

Willkommen!

Hello.
Visiting Germany for the first time in March. Wuppertal, dusseldorf (for the altbier) and Berlin.

Hope to learn a smidgeon of the language between now and then.

manticle, you'll love Düsseldorf. Just stick to the Altstadt, and you'll find heaps of brewpubs serving just Altbier. My favourite was Schumacher and Zum Slussel when I was there 3 years ago.

Thanks Warra. Was hoping to start at zum uriege and see where that takes us. Spending 3 nights in wuppertal too so hoping the beer there isn't too distant since they're geographic relatives*

*Dusseldorf and Wuppertal

Wuppertal. You'll get any beer there. Right between Dortmund and Dusseldorf. Google Wuppertal beer and you'll find a couple of decent places listed straight up I may ask why go to Wuppertal, but you may have your reasons. There is a zoo and that sky train thing I suppose.... Maybe I'm just showing my bias. Check out Kiosk for craft beer and the Wuppertal brauhaus doesn't look too bad to check out and both are central.

Going there because there's a gig we want to see and we were intending to be in dusseldorf right around that time. Beer, buildings, music

Back