Hi from Wakerley QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers! Getting back into brewing after about 20 years away from it. I used to brew kits in barracks with mates, results in those days weren't that great. Probably a result of infections due to sub-standard hygiene standards.

Heaps of friends into all grain brewing and I've been very keen to see what I can achieve too. To start me back on the journey, the wife got me a ginger beer kit for my birthday which came with a 5L glass fermenter (way cool).

Purchased a bunch of 2nd hand gear, including an esky mash tun and brew kettle. However, I started with an APA from a fresh wort & dry hopping. Looking to get things 'right' before going all in with the grain.
I bottled the ginger beer & APA last weekend. Back-sweetened the ginger beer with some xylitol, and they APA looked promising (smelt great). Can't wait to taste the results.

Cheers & Beers, Stevo

Jump straight into Temperature control for your fermentation. Fridge and a digital controller and maybe you'll need a heating source like an incandescent light bulb inside the fridge for the 3 days of winter.

Welcome back to brewing.

HBHB said:
Jump straight into Temperature control for your fermentation. Fridge and a digital controller and maybe you'll need a heating source like an incandescent light bulb inside the fridge for the 3 days of winter.

Welcome back to brewing.
We're picking up a new fridge for the house (fruit/ vege/ drinks) and I get the existing for a fermenter!

Latest posts

Back