Hi from Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokey

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I've been brewing for about 18 months, kits and bits to start with and now BIAB on the stove.
I've bought a 40 litre pot and burner so will up the size for the next batch.

Good work man!

Hook up with the various Syd crew, they are great guys.

Good on you mate, heaps of useful threads and people here

Thanks for the welcome guys.
I've already been lurking for a while, I picked up the BIAB on stove method from NickJD's thread
I've met some members at an ESB club night and I'm sure tested some brews on them

Welcome aboard mate. You will definitely have plenty of info on here and plenty of people who can answer questions if you need them answered.

I'm a new brewer, pimping out kits atm, the next step is prob gonna be BIAB.... How much did you spend on getting set up for it? I'm also from Sydney (south/west area). Hope it turns out good for ya!

Hi Nicktron

Big W 19 L pot for around $20 maybe $10 for BIAB bag from the Brew Shop and $5 for a hop sock.
Everything else (fermentor, hydrometer, etc) from when I was doing kits

Only doing 10 litre batches at the moment though, cost seems to increase exponentially for the bigger pots

Pokey said:
Hi Nicktron
Big W 19 L pot for around $20 maybe $10 for BIAB bag from the Brew Shop and $5 for a hop sock.
Everything else (fermentor, hydrometer, etc) from when I was doing kits
Only doing 10 litre batches at the moment though, cost seems to increase exponentially for the bigger pots
Check out Maxi BIAB.. More volume from same pot ;-)

Welcome!

Awesome, mate. I always enjoy reading about newcomers and some of the things that they do to get started. I have a lot of work to do in terms of building up my brew cred, so to speak, which I was I love this forum and the amount of resourceful people on it.

Latest posts

Back