Hi.....from Sg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daffu

Reaction score
Hi..

This is Daffu...NOOB from Singapore. I have been browsing AHB for several weeks now and been learning a lot from the folks here. And finally, here I am..

I've just started brewing with Muntons/Morgan/Cooper kits for 3-6 months after hearing the cool stuff about brewing. My 1st was a wheat beer and its kinda a disaster, but I swallow my pride and drank it anyway (hard to waste alcohol eh). 2nd, I brewed Irish Oatmeal Stout and 3rd American IPA, these turned out pretty surprising good. Then 4th, I had Canadian Blonde. It was kinda weird taste where its Canadian beer but somehow the blonde ditched me and it turn to be dark pale. I am still scratching the life out of me on why da blonde left me.

I've just bottled Queenslander Goldie and started off another batch of Blue Mountain lager. Planning my next is another round of IPA (i just can't get enough of them) and thinking of Neil's wicked Centenarillo Ale.

I am newbie, I am here to learn and looking to enjoy beers. Glad to be here in AHB.

Welcome to the forums Daffu, if you can get your hands on some liquid yeasts and have some temperature control during your ferment, that will improve those kit beers to no end.

Hi..

This is Daffu...NOOB from Singapore. I have been browsing AHB for several weeks now and been learning a lot from the folks here. And finally, here I am..

I've just started brewing with Muntons/Morgan/Cooper kits for 3-6 months after hearing the cool stuff about brewing. My 1st was a wheat beer and its kinda a disaster, but I swallow my pride and drank it anyway (hard to waste alcohol eh). 2nd, I brewed Irish Oatmeal Stout and 3rd American IPA, these turned out pretty surprising good. Then 4th, I had Canadian Blonde. It was kinda weird taste where its Canadian beer but somehow the blonde ditched me and it turn to be dark pale. I am still scratching the life out of me on why da blonde left me.

I've just bottled Queenslander Goldie and started off another batch of Blue Mountain lager. Planning my next is another round of IPA (i just can't get enough of them) and thinking of Neil's wicked Centenarillo Ale.

I am newbie, I am here to learn and looking to enjoy beers. Glad to be here in AHB.

Start with the kits... a cheap and great way to start?? Try doing Dr Smurtos Golden Ale using the kit recipe... awesome

By the way, any good craft beers places in Sg ?.... I am heading over to Sg tomorrow

cheers 5 eyes

@ 5 Eyes,
You can try brewertz or pump room, both located in Clark Quay. Alternatives, is Paulaner in Suntec city. There few places are pretty good.

@ Raven,
I guess I learn more and more each time, I brew something new. You are right about temperature control, after the disaster brew, the next day, i went around a looked for a chiller that could handle decent temperature from 20c to 12c. Good thing i found that and latest beers seems to be doing pretty ok. The Golden Ale has a good after taste with Centennial hops. The other Blue Mountain Lager is waiting to be bottled. I kinda like Australian beers, it very refreshing. I might want to try a few more of those kits and possible venture off to Partial mash.

Can I ask everyone's feedback on the difference between an Aussy IPA vs to English IPA?

thread resurrection
I cant believe that there is a brewshop in Singapore and not a badly stocked one at that.

Daffu - did you get an answer to your question since you last posted. I see that youve been active on the forum since that last post.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1395213216.781562.jpg

Carrying on this thread a little bit. Here's part of the Breworkz bottled selection on Singapore. Not too shabby

Trev

Latest posts

Back