Hi everyone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian176

Reaction score
My name is Ian and I have been brewing off and on for around 15 years. Most brews have been kits and as of late I have been doing a few BITB. Looking forward to seeing and replying to your posts

My name is Ian and I have been brewing off and on for around 15 years. Most brews have been kits and as of late I have been doing a few BITB. Looking forward to seeing and replying to your posts
welcome to the forum mate

Mainly pale ales. Stouts and saisons.I have been using kveik yeast a little also

Cheers Edd how long you been on Aussie home brewer?
Hi Ian ,
Been a member of the site for a few months now , round about February I think :) !! .
Mainly focus on old beers and brewing though !!
Cheers
Edd

Sounds awesome, How long do those old ales age for?

Hi Ian,
Aah , now for the tricky bit !!, some of the beers (Low gravity Bitters and Milds etc ), eg Magee Marshall Government Ale , 1917 and the Pale Mild from 1946 (sub 4%abv) were quick 2 week volume beers , some whoppers like Henry Bentley & Co , Eshaldwell Brewery, Woodlesford Nr Leeds had a College Ale ' that was rarely brewed , but aged around 3 years !! , it generally depends on style, gravity and desired taste etc with regard to maturation.
Cheers
Edd

Hi Ian,
Aah , now for the tricky bit !!, some of the beers (Low gravity Bitters and Milds etc ), eg Magee Marshall Government Ale , 1917 and the Pale Mild from 1946 (sub 4%abv) were quick 2 week volume beers , some whoppers like Henry Bentley & Co , Eshaldwell Brewery, Woodlesford Nr Leeds had a College Ale ' that was rarely brewed , but aged around 3 years !! , it generally depends on style, gravity and desired taste etc with regard to maturation.
Cheers
Edd
Hi Edd, just wondering if you are from anywhere near Aberford, or did you get your interest in Henry Bentley ales some other way?

Hi Edd, just wondering if you are from anywhere near Aberford, or did you get your interest in Henry Bentley ales some other way?
How Do Tricky ,
I'm really interested in the technology of Victorian brewers.
The interest in Henry Bentley & Co at Woodlesford , stems from my search for brewing production records of the original Bentley family brewery at Huddersfield ,where Timothy Bentley is supposed to have invented the Yorkshire Square in the late eighteenth century (originally about 12-15 barrels)
Regrettably, the only brewing records I've seen are for the Eshaldwell Brewery ; Henry Bentley & Co / Bentley's Yorkshire Breweries Ltd ( 1892-4 Brewing Book, 1896 Brewer's Cost Price & Duty Book) .
And , just for fun , I'm a Lancastrian who's an honorary Yorkshireman !!
Cheers
Edd

Latest posts

Back