Hi everyone, just starting with all grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been doing a few 5L batches just to get the concept of all grain brewing. I've recently purchased a keggle and mash tun with a couple of mates. A couple more purchasers and we'll be on our way to doing larger brews.

Hope to pick some brains for some tips and tricks on here!

Cheers,
Chris

It's a very slippery slope once you start! I'm a biab'er (went from gas to Elec) and I'm now in process of procuring the bits and pieces for a brauclone. I love the simplicity of biab but am after a bit more efficiently and control. This is an awesome place to get info from! I spend way too much time on here! Welcome to all grain brewing! [emoji482]

Best advice

Go and visit someone doing an AG from scratch

Look, listen, drink LEARN

Few brewers on here from the Blue Mountains

And AG brewers have way to much fun

Where in the Blue Mountains are you Mountains Brewer?

Brew in the bag is the best method for all grain. I have two double kegs(cut and welded vertically)with ball valves which I mash in and then raise the bags on roof mounted pulleys and then boil in them. No transfer required.Then whirlpool and cool to 66 degrees and into fermenters. Cool in ice baths to pitching temp and add my yeast starters.Works like clockwork.
Cheers, Hadrian.

Back