Hi Everybody! Mick from Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.V.

Reaction score
Hi, my name's Mick, I'm an alcoho... Whoa, sorry, wrong forum!

Anyway, I'm from Melbourne, I like home brew, music (listening & playing), motorcycles... Probably other stuff...

I work in the audio industry repairing & making speakers, I gig around a little bit & I like a nice beer on a ride. Most of my hobbies are pretty closely aligned I guess.
I have been home brewing for a few years now, mainly playing around with kit beers & adding hops & malt, etc. I've been pretty slack with my brewing lately, but I've just decided to do a brew a month using a good quality commercial kit, quality over quantity so to speak ;) I haven't managed to make a batch of beer that was undrinkable, so I guess I'm pretty happy with my beer, but I think I could get it a lot better, hence why I'm here.
(just don't ask about my apple cider of ginger beer efforts)

I've just ordered an STC1000 & some assorted bits & pieces to turn my shed fridge into a temperature controlled fermentor, that should be a good start to prodicing quality beer.

Currently got a Little Creatures Pale Ale on the go, my usual go to kit is a Coopers Pale Ale, I think I like the Nelson Sauvin hops the best in that so far. Other notables are the Coopers Vintage Ale & the Stout wort kit from Grain & Grape.

Cheers, Mick. :chug:

Is that a TRX in the piccie?

The Pale Ale can was my go-to kit as well back in the day..

:party:

Sure is, that's my ride. Well spotted. What do you ride?

I wanted one of those for years... shit.. I think I still do :super:

Im an ex GSXR rider, nowdays I only take out me mates Trumpie every so often... one day... one day :ph34r:

:icon_cheers:

Welcome aboard Mick.

Can't go wrong with the G&G wort kits. I've made some cracking beers using those as a base in the past. Still occasionally use em when I'm running low but don't have time to do a full grain brew.

JD.

Hey mick. I recognize that bike from netrider forums. Welcome.

Acasta said:
Hey mick. I recognize that bike from netrider forums. Welcome.
Cheers. What's your Netrider handle?

JDW81 said:
Welcome aboard Mick.

Can't go wrong with the G&G wort kits. I've made some cracking beers using those as a base in the past. Still occasionally use em when I'm running low but don't have time to do a full grain brew.

JD.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be going full grain (too many other hobbies) but the G&G stuff is ridiculously good & easy for the money!

Yob said:
I wanted one of those for years... shit.. I think I still do :super:

Im an ex GSXR rider, nowdays I only take out me mates Trumpie every so often... one day... one day :ph34r:

:icon_cheers:
An Ex-Gixxer Squid? I guess that would make you an adult then? ;) Just kidding, I'm looking aorund for a cheap Gixxer for a trackbike. The TRX is a great bike, handles realy well & I can't see me getting rid of mine anytime soon. You could say it was a little underpowered, but I can't use what it has got to the full potential anyway, so it's a moot point really.

Thanks for the welcome guys, looks like a really good forum.

The Litte Creatures is bubbling away, can't wait to try that one! Hopefully the STC1000 will be here before I do my next batch, I think I will put down another Extra Strong Vintage Ale & see how long I can cellar it for.

Latest posts

Back