Hi brewers, happy to be here!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newish home brewer from Melbourne North. I've occasionally lurked the forums when hunting down ideas, recipes and general how-to knowledge.

I've been making kit and juice cider for a few years now, had my fair share of successes and failures, and made the leap into beer when the pandemic hit.

I wasn't really a big beer drinker, in fact I really didn't enjoy the bitterness, but as I got stuck in and learnt about the different ingredients and components that make up a beer, I became hooked.

I moved on to all grain brews this year and in the new house I've completely taken over the garage. I have at least 15kg of 4 base malts on hand (pilsner, compass, schooner, maris) and a few mixes of munich.

I'm making an average of a new beer each fortnight, working with existing recipe, brew shop grain kits and my own.

Recently I've brewed 3 of my own recipes and have a fourth on the go - a kveik voss spiced orange christmas beer.

I've been enjoying the hobby a great deal, so much that I've run out of kegs (4) and fridge space (2), so brewing might just have to go on hold for a little while.

Happy to share recipes I've created - a tropical/rum inspired Black IPA, an Aussie Pale Ale that's closer to a Tropical Ale, and a Coopers clone

Hey welcome to the forum mate, and welcome to the land of Home Brewing where we all save money by doing it ourselves. I never brew clones as such as if they don't turn out which is mostly I think, you get disappointed where if you do your own recipes you can continually hope to improve the quality.
Above all have fun and enjoy the fruits of your hobby. Cheers

Latest posts

Back