Hi All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alimac23

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have just started brewing and just joined this forum so thought i would pop my head in and say hi.

I'm currently on my third batch which is a Brewcraft Fremantle Pale Ale kit, looking forward to trying this one.

The other two i have got bottled already are the coopers lager which came with the coopers DIY kit and a coopers ginger.

Has anyone tried the coopers mexican cerveza, i'm thinking of making that next but wanted to ask someone who had made it whether it turned out OK first?

Hi Everyone,

I have just started brewing and just joined this forum so thought i would pop my head in and say hi.

I'm currently on my third batch which is a Brewcraft Fremantle Pale Ale kit, looking forward to trying this one.

The other two i have got bottled already are the coopers lager which came with the coopers DIY kit and a coopers ginger.

Has anyone tried the coopers mexican cerveza, i'm thinking of making that next but wanted to ask someone who had made it whether it turned out OK first?

The Cerveza was my first brew and I really enjoyed it. As it was my first brew I have nothing to compare it to but I will be doing it again after the blonde is completed in a couple weeks. This time though I will be adding some cirta hops I think.

I recommend you give it a try.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the forums.

When I kegged the Mexican Cerveza (a long time ago) my mates thought I found a keg of Corona. I am not such a big fan of Corona so I didn't make it again but that gives you an idea of what its supposed to taste like.

Thanks guys i don't mind a bit of corona or sol on a hot day so i'll give this one a go.

Looking forward to getting into the brewing, i'm really enjoying it so far!

Just in case any of you are in Perth, Brew Craft are having a sale over the long weekend, 30% off Muntons kits, i am planning to go and get some more.

Welcome alimac23 to the forums.

You have embarked on a very addictive hobby and this forum is a great place to ask all those questions that you'll need answering.

I once did a batch of Coopers mexican cerveza hoping it would be like Corona. I was dissapointed. But then again I just brewed it as directed. There might be a few tips people here can give you.

Have fun brewing!

It is probably the most clean flavoured kit you will get if brewed at the lower end of the temps recommended and a lot of people use it as a base for kit&bits recipes as it is a clean slate to add things to.

welcome to the forum. its a great place with tonnes of info. master the search function and the world of brewing info is at your fingers
cervesa search results. just to get you started, 16 pages of results on cervesa. mostly kit and kilo (K&K). basicly ignore manufacturers instructions and use the info on AHB or good brewing books.

I also reccomned you look at the first 2 threads that are 'stickied' in the K&K thread - here

happy brewing

Thanks for the very warm welcome guys i'm looking forward to learning lots.

One quick question, i made a fremantle pale ale from a recipe from brewcraft and it included safale us-05 yeast which seems to be going crazy in my fermenter at the moment, there are lots of bubbles and lots of activity but there is no foam on top it still looks relatively clean, is this normal?

One quick question, i made a fremantle pale ale from a recipe from brewcraft and it included safale us-05 yeast which seems to be going crazy in my fermenter at the moment, there are lots of bubbles and lots of activity but there is no foam on top it still looks relatively clean, is this normal?

normal? maybe not but if its bubbling away its doing its thing.
As for the cerveza...

coopers tin

1kg Light Dry Malt

500gm Dex

brew at 15c or as close as you can get.....

bloody yummy.

the best kit going by far.

How long has it been in the fermenter. If it was started this morning it might not have had time to form the foam.

One thing you will come to realise that nothing is ever normal when brewing beer.

How long has it been in the fermenter. If it was started this morning it might not have had time to form the foam.

One thing you will come to realise that nothing is ever normal when brewing beer.

Yeah i'm starting to realise that quickly! It's been in the fermenter since Wednesday evening about 9pm so 48 hours tonight, it's bubbling away like a good'n, smelling really good but no foam.

Back