Hi All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bL@De

Reaction score
I guess this would be the best spot to place this message.

Just thought I would drop me and say gday to everyone and see if we can get to know each other.

I'm Darren from Adelaide who is a fairly new brewer although getting more of an idea everytime. Done in total probably 15 brews or thereabouts, kit form for me.

No idea what else to say so I'll leave that to you guys

Great work on the brew site :D

Hi Darren,
I'm also from Adelaide, with about the same brewing experience.
I just found this forum linked off of Overclockers Australia. Has the site been up long ?

It's a great idea anyways. Not much stuff around with Aussie content....

:) - just saw my member number so I take it it hasn't been up long at all ...

Wow I didn't expect to see someone from Adelaide in here so soon :)

Well everyone joined today so I am assuming the forum has only just kicked off.

There are a few yahoo groups for Aussie brewing but honestly some of those guys are into the full grain stuff which is way beyond where I am and I don't want to get into that side of things yet anyway. One of the guys who runs it also owns Grumpy's, I'm not sure whether you've been there before but I went there a few weeks back and wasn't all that impressed to be honest.

The guy I spoke to gave me the strong impression that every home brewer is in a hurry to get the product and drink it.

The board opened today, so a big welcome to you all.

I too have stumbled across Grumpy's and a couple of the Yahoo groups - but they didn't seem that active or or are hard to navigate. Hopefully this forum will help the Australian scene!

i also saw the link from overclockers so i thought hell get a good log name.
my history in homebrew is- im 36 yrs old started brewing at age 20 in bottles for 2 years got sick of cleaning,capping and the whole bottle thing and the brew kits then where well interesting.... go married had 2 kids money got tight, mates leeched stubbies off me, before u know it, its a $60 a week beer bill. Then i saw the light 6 years ago at southern home brewing in melbourne. A draught barrel setup, 18ltr ex softdrink stainless barrels, quick disconect snaplock fittings for the beer gas and pluto gun,converted a big chest freezer to a fridge thermastat(it holds 6 postmix barrels) and now have 4 to 5 different brews on tap from a (dam what a hot crap day that was)lager rehydrate 6 pot special,munton nut brown ale full malt,beermakers cold with a slice of lemon on top,ginger beer, and a keg with 8 2ltr bottles of coke and 3 bottles of jim beam, just in case i get sick of beer.
Its about time the Oz brewers had a site free from the commercial sites for Oz brewers. The yank brewers dont use kits and brew from a mash to make the base(big dollar set up big hassle) the poms use kits but brew in a bucket(no air lock)or a bath!! It looks like this site could take off for Oz brewers to chat. Well thats it ,im of to the shed because cherries are in session and lager+cherries=belgium kriek cherry beer...

Great storyy Brewmaster - glad you could join the forum!!

That Belgium Cherry Beer sounds like a good recipe for the Kitchen section :)

I'm also a new brewer who is battling away with my first couple of brews (along with my brother). I really hope this website can be used as an advertisement for beer brewing because if everyone knew about it, why the hell would you bother with buying beer. Its a great idea and an awesome source of info. Here's to good brewing. CHEERS!

Well looks like we are getting a nice mix of a guys in here which is exactly what we want.

Sounds like BrewMaster is in the know :) A few of those recipes sound bloody nice so feel free as fiscus suggested and post them.

I have a similar sort of setup to you BrewMaster (although you have a lot more kegs hehe), I also got rather bored of filling bottles and thought the novelty of having a kegging system would be great. Between my brother, dad and I we've only got one although I wouldn't mind a few more to get things going but really only sticking to the basics (kit stuff not mash).

I know exactly how you feel raa, it's tough the first lot then after after you can mix the stuff up blindfolded.

Probably the hardest thing to get through your head when you first start is what instructions to follow as each can is different, I suggest have a word to the HBS owner and they generally have handouts.

B)
gday all
names simon, been brewing for about three years (just kits) though i have been trying different dried malts etc , i still bottle ( long necks ) and have just launched into the adventerous world of mini mash ( partial mash) hoo boy lot more work but hope the effort is worth it , the yahoo groups are a bit intimidting but ....there is a lot of knowledge out there.
however i think its horses for courses and i am much happier on this site and like its relaxed atmosphere

happy brewing
:chug:
simon

Latest posts

Back