Hey

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobski

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just introducing myself.

I have been brewing for about 18 months, the last nine all grain with a robobrew. Love brewing and hope to learn more through this site.

Currently cold crashing a neipa, and about to pitch yeast into an XPA I brewed yesterday.

Cheers Bobski,

You will have to let us know how those beers turn out.
The NEIPA is the best beer I've brewed to date. Sadly I infected the XPA. I can taste chlorofenals in the samples I took out of the fermenter. I back tracked and realised I hydrated the yeast without boiling the water first. I think it must have come from that.

The NEIPA is the best beer I've brewed to date. Sadly I infected the XPA. I can taste chlorofenals in the samples I took out of the fermenter. I back tracked and realised I hydrated the yeast without boiling the water first. I think it must have come from that.
That’s frustrating! You can always wait and see. It could turn out to be a decent sour!

Lol, I was hoping so, but I tasted it today and it's rank. How long should I leave it? Behind all the chlorofenals, there is a nice hop mouth feel.
Maybe not, without covering it with a stronger flavour, might be hard to recover.

Latest posts

Back